These pretty little Chocolate Covered Pomegranate Drops are fun, festive and make for a lovely non-cookie, holiday dessert.
The key to making this ‘recipe’ a success is being sure that your pomegranate seeds are dry. If there is too much moisture on the seeds your chocolate will seize, and your drops will be a flop. I like laying the seeds out on a clean dish towel and letting them sit for a couple of hours on the counter.
Biting into these little Chocolate Covered Pomegranate drops is pure heaven. The pom seeds burst in your mouth and the rich, dark chocolate melts all around them. #SOGood
Try serving them with a glass of champagne (or seltzer); lots of bubbles popping all around, like a party in your mouth!
Chocolate Covered Pomegranate Drops
Yield: 16 drops
Prep Time: 30 minutes + 2 hours to chill
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 2 1/2 hours
- 6 oz dark chocolate (at least 70% cocoa)
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds, DRY
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with a silicone mat or some parchment paper.
- Make sure that your pomegranate seeds are bone dry. Too much moisture will cause the chocolate to seize, so don’t skip this step.
- Melt your chocolate in a double boiler or in the microwave. Once the chocolate has melted toss in your pomegranate seeds and gently toss until all the seeds are coated with the chocolate.
- Scoop about a tablespoon of your ooey-gooey chocolate coated seeds into little puddles on a silicone mat or some parchment paper.. Repeat until finished.
- Pop tray into the fridge for about one hour or until set. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.