This Pumpkin French Toast is the perfect choice for an autumn breakfast. I love using a sprouted raisin bread to pair with the pumpkin flavor, but you can of course choose any type of bread you like!
As for the toppings, you can certainly go classic and top with maple syrup and butter OR try it my favorite way and give it a fat schmear of almond butter over the top! #yumscrum.
Pumpkin French Toast
Yield: Serves 2
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 4 slices bread (I like to use a sprouted raisin bread)
- 1 egg (or two egg whites)
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (or any milk you fancy)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- pinch of salt
- coconut oil or butter to grease the pan
- Into a shallow medium sized bowl, combine egg, pumpkin puree, almond milk, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Whisk together until all of the ingredients are combined.
- Heat a small non-stick skillet over a medium heat and lightly coat with coconut oil or butter.
- Dip one piece of bread in the egg mixture and flip around until it id submerged. Drip and excess mixture off of the bread and place in the pan cooking for 2 minutes or until lightly browned, then flip and cook for another 2 minutes or until browned and cooked through.
- Remove from pan and repeat with the rest of the bread.
- Serve topped with your favorite french toast toppings and enjoy!
Nutrients per serving: Calories: 204; Total Fat: 3.7g; Saturated Fat: 0.8g; Cholesterol: 105mg; Sodium 193mg, Carbohydrate: 39.8g; Dietary Fiber: 4.7g; Sugars: 12.6g; Protein: 9.4g