It’s kind of hard to believe that you can actually make a light and fluffy pancake without using any eggs, milk or butter BUT you can, and you will definitely be excited about how delicious they are.
The secret to a light and fluffy vegan pancake is baking powder.
You’ll be using an entire tablespoon for this recipe, which may seem like a lot, but it’s the key to making these pancakes super fluffy.
Just be sure to let the batter sit for a few minutes before cooking to ensure the baking powder has a chance to activate.
Oh! And of course feel free to add your favorite stir-ins to these pancakes. Bananas, chocolate chips, + chopped up strawberries are some of the favorites in our house.
Vegan Pancake Recipe | Light + Fluffy
Yield: 8-10 small pancakes
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking soda and salt, mix together.
- Add in the almond milk, maple syrup, coconut oil and stir until well combined. Allow the mixture to sit for 5 minutes so the baking soda has the to active. You will notice that the batter because light and fluffy, that’s how you know it’s time to make the pancakes.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over a medium-low heat and coat the pan with some coconut oil.
- Scoop up 1/4 cup of batter and drop them into the pan forming small-medium sized pancakes. Allow to cook until you see small bubbles forming on the top of the pancake, gently flip and cook for another two minutes or until the pancakes are golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove from pan and repeat until you have finished all the batter. Serve with your favorite pancake toppings and enjoy!
Nutrients for half of recipe: Calories: 302; Total Fat: 9.1g; Saturated Fat: 5.9g; Cholesterol: 0mg; Sodium 807mg, Carbohydrate: 51.1g; Dietary Fiber: 6.5g; Sugars: 6.9g; Protein: 8.5g