I’ve never had a mango crisp before, but it sounded like it would work, so I chopped up the mangoes, tossed in some blueberries and couldn’t resist grating up a fresh hunk of ginger I had in the fridge. It was delish and could not be any easier to make.
This recipe will be your new summer staple. It’s perfect for bbq’s, cookouts, and also makes a rather yummy breakfast (if I do say so myself).
Gluten Free Fruit Crisp | Mango Blueberry + Ginger
Yield: Serves 6
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 35-40 minutes
Total Time: 55-65 minutes
- 3-4 cups mango, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 cups blueberries
- The juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot starch
- Pinch of salt
- 1.5 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- ½ chopped walnuts
- 1.5 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- Pre heat oven to 350Fº.
- In a large bowl combine mango, blueberries, lemon juice, and ginger. Sprinkle in sugar, arrowroot and salt, lightly toss everything together.
- Pile fruit mixture into a greased 8x8 (or 9x9) baking dish.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the oats, walnuts, cinnamon, coconut sugar, salt and cinnamon.
- Evenly spread the crisp topping over the mango-blueberry mixture and pop into the oven for 35-40 minutes or until the top is golden brown, the fruit is bubbly and your kitchen smells amazing.
- Serve warm, room temperature (or cold!) and top with your favorite ice-cream, whipped cream or yogurt topping. Enjoy!