If you are a fan of buffalo wings, you are going to love these Buffalo Chicken Butter Lettuce Cups.
I take a short cut by shredding up a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store. It’s a huge time saver and I love how the shredded chicken works in these wraps.
Want more lettuce wraps? Try these recipes too!
Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Cups
Yield: 4 Servings
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Total Time: 30 Minutes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 16 ounces shredded chicken (I like to use a rotisserie chicken)
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 cup hot wing sauce (this is the one I like)
- 1 head of butter lettuce
- *Optional toppings: blue cheese dressing + sliced scallions
- Heat olive oil in a large non-stick skillet and then add in onion along with a pinch of salt. Allow the onions to cook for about 5 minutes or until they are translucent.
- Add in celery, onion, and garlic and cook for another couple of minutes.
- Add shredded into the pan along with the onion powder, smoked paprika, and wing sauce. Gently toss everything together until all of the chicken and veggies are coated with the seasonings and sauce and heated through.
- Shut off the heat and scoop filling into your lettuce cups. Top each one with a drizzle of blue cheese dressing and fresh chopped scallions. Enjoy!