Corn and tomatoes are big summer crops here in New Jersey and I just love finding different ways of working them into my recipes, so I can take advantage of their insane, seasonal, deliciousness!
I love that this salad is so colorful and fun, it really captures the energy of the warm, action packed, summer days!
Fresh corn is ideal in this recipe, but if you absolutely had to, you could sub in some frozen corn. But only if you’re in a pinch, deal?
I love serving this along side some grilled chicken, fish or steak. Or scooping some on top of my Grass Fed Turmeric Burgers.
want more simple salads like this one? Check these out:
Black Bean, Corn + Avocado Salad
Yield: 4-6 servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 15 ounce can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 heaping cup of fresh corn kernels (about 2 ears)
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 1 bell pepper diced
- 1/3 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Combine everything into a large bow and mix well. Serve and enjoy!