Making a basic omelette can be a life saver when you want to get a meal on the table that is easy, delicious, nutritious and fast.
In the video below, I am sharing my go-to technique for making a really good omelette.
Remember to use this recipe as your blueprint when you want to try different flavors and fillers. You would just add in your toppings, when I add in the cheese. So many options, so have fun with it.
How To Make a Really Good Omelette
Yield: 1 serving
Prep Time: 1 minute
Cook Time: 4 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
- 1-2 teaspoons of coconut oil, butter, or olive oil*
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheese
- Crack to eggs in a small bowl and beat with a fork until mixed well.
- Heat an 8-inch non stick skillet over a medium low heat.
- Melt the oil or butter in the pan and swirl it around to coat the bottom of the pan.
- Add eggs to the pan and season with salt and pepper.
- Gently move the eggs around the pan as they begin to set up. I like to pull the edges of the eggs towards the center of the pan, allowing the loose eggs to spill over.
- Continue until your eggs have set up and you have a thin layer of loose egg on the top of the omelet.
- Add cheese to one half of the omelette and fold the omelette onto itself to create a half moon. Slide out of the pan and enjoy.