I have been having SO much fun playing with hemp seeds, that I just had to share this recipe with you before it even makes it into a YouTube video.
Imagine a little energy ball, that tastes a lot like a brownie and is packed with nutrients and heart-healthy ingredients.
Actually, what am I talking about?! You don’t have to imagine because this is it! This is it right here.
These balls are raw, vegan, gluten-free and have no added sugars (all of the sweetness comes from the dates) so you can feel good about enjoying them as a snack, packed in a lunch box, or as a grab-and-go breakfast for the busiest of mornings.
Want to learn more about hemp seeds?
More C&D Hemp Favorites:
- Very Berry Hemp Smoothie
- Hemp Berry Smoothie (vegan)
- How To Make Homemade Hemp Milk
- Chocolate Coconut Hemp Energy Bites
Do you love energy bites as much as me? Try one of these other C&D flavors:
- Carrot Cake Energy Balls
- No Bake Oatmeal Energy Balls
- Pumpkin Spice Energy Balls
- Matcha Pistachio Energy Bites
- Matcha Protein Energy Bites
*Thank you to Bob’s Red Mill for partnering with me on my Hemp 101 series. If you want to try hemp seeds, Bob’s is offering 20% off all of their products to everyone in the C&D Community!
Simply click HERE and use code: CLEAN20 to save 20% off on TONS of delicious, nutritious ingredients! *EXPIRES 3/31/18
No-Bake Brownie Hemp Bites
Yield: 16 Brownie Bites
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 7-8 Medjool dates, pitted (100 grams)
- 1 cup cashews, raw
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds (+ more for rolling)
- 2 tablespoons cashew butter
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Rip the dates apart and place them in the food processor. Pulse back and forth, in each direction until the dates have broken down and formed into a sticky ball.
- Remove from the food processor and place the reminder of the ingredients into the food processor. Pulse again until all the ingredients are broken down and blended together.
- Add the dates back to the food processor and pulse until everything is blended into a sticky dough.
- Transfer mixture into a small bowl and scoop up about 1 tablespoon of the mixture and roll it in your palms to form a ball. Roll the ball in some extra hemp seeds and place on a rimmed baking sheet, lined with parchment paper. Repeat until you have rolled out all of the balls (you will have 16 balls).
- Pop in the fridge for a couple of hours to set up and then transfer into an airtight container. These brownie bites will last in the fridge for up to one month.