Cake for breakfast? Why not!!
The combination of ground almond flour, cocoa powder, eggs and maple syrup create a super balanced mug cake that won’t leave you with the same kind of sugar crash you get from traditional cakes.
This recipe is great when you are craving something sweet for breakfast but still want to keep things Clean & Delicious.
A big thanks to Bob’s Red Mill for partnering with me to create the 5 easy healthy recipes in the video above!
Grain Free Chocolate Mug Cake
Yield: 1 serving
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cook Time: 1-2 minutes
Total Time: 3-4 minutes
- 1/4 cup blanched almond flour
- 2 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- Pinch of kosher salt
Optional toppings; greek yogurt and fresh berries
- Coat your favorite much with some cooing spray, butter, or coconut oil.
- Right into the mug, combine almond flour, cocoa powder, maple syrup, vanilla, egg and salt. Mix well and microwave for 1-2 minutes or until set through.
- Top with some plain greek yogurt and fresh berries. Enjoy!
Nutrients per mug (sans toppings): Calories: 296; Total Fat: 19.5g; Saturated Fat: 2.9g; Cholesterol: 175mg; Carbohydrate: 25.3g; Dietary Fiber: 6.6g; Sugars: 13.1g; Protein: 14.1g