If you have been wanting an easy, healthy, grab-n-go breakfast that the whole family will love, look no further! These simple Banana Oatmeal Muffin Cups are just that (and then some!).
I love topping them with chocolate chips, but you can really use any topping or stir in you love. Literally ANYthing you would stir into your oatmeal will work in the muffin cups. Just think of them as a bowl of oats on the go.
Banana Oatmeal Muffin Cups
Yield: Makes 12 muffins
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8th teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup mashed banana (2-3 bananas depending on their size)
- 2 pastured eggs
- 1.5 cups of unsweetened almond milk (or any milk you prefer)
- 2 tablespoons mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 12 cup muffin tin with cooking spray or coat with coconut oil or butter.
- In a large bowl combine oats, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- In a separate bowl mix together mashed bananas, eggs, and milk until well combined.
- Pour milk mixture over oat mixture and stir well to combine.
- Evenly divide the oat mixture between all 12 muffin cup and then top each one with a sprinkle of chocolate chips.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until set and cooked though. Allow to cool and then store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
*I like these muffins best warm or room temperature so if I am eating them from the fridge, I will either heat them on the microwave for 30-45 seconds or pop them in the toaster oven until warm.
*I rely on the bananas to keep this recipe naturally sweet. If you like a sweeter flavor you can add a couple of tablespoons of brown sugar or coconut sugar along with the dry ingredients.*I top each muffin with chocolate chips because my kids demand them. Feel free to use other mix-ins like blueberries, walnuts, raisins or raspberries. Stirring them into the batter is certainly an option if you want more flavor thought the muffin cup.
Nutrients per muffin: Calories: 124; Total Fat: 3.2g; Saturated Fat: 0.8g; Cholesterol: 29mg; Sodium: 112mg Carbohydrate: 21.5g; Dietary Fiber: 2.8g; Sugars: 5g; Protein: 3.8g