Salt + pepper + olive oil + garlic.
This, my friends, is a winning combination that will never let you down.
I pair this combination with my roasted broccoli ALL time as a go-to side dish in our house and everyone loves it.
And yes, it just so happens to be be good for you (lol, don’t tell my kids!).
Sometimes we make double batch, toss it all in and big bowl and eat it with out fingers (that’s why I call it popcorn broccoli).
I promise, once you try your broccoli this way, you will be obsessed (in an good way!).
Roasted Popcorn Broccoli
Yield: 2-4 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1 large head of broccoli
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- Fat pinch of kosher salt and ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Pre heat oven to 400.
- Clean and dry the broccoli before cutting the florets into small bite size pieces (save the stems for another time).
- Place all the florets in a large bowl and drizzle with olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic, powder, and Parmesan cheese. Using your hands, toss all of the ingredients together being sure that all the broccoli has a nice thin coating of the oil and spices.
- Spray a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray and place all the broccoli on the sheet. Be sure that the broccoli is not over crowded.
- Pop in the oven for 15 minutes and then flip the broccoli and pop back in for another ten minutes or until the broccoli is tender on the inside and crispy on the edges. Enjoy!