This super simple hummus gets a holiday twist by adding sweet roasted carrots and finishing with a dash of cinnamon and honey.
Serve this with some fresh veggies and crackers as a fun and festive appetizer.
Roasted Carrot Hummus
Yield: Makes 1.5 cups
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 3-4 medium carrots (about 10 ounces), peeled and chopped into hearty chunks
- 3 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 5 cloves peeled garlic
- 1(15-ounce) cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2-4 tablespoons water
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
*optional toppings: honey, cinnamon, drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Place carrots on a rimmed baking sheet and season with two teaspoon of olive oil, sweet paprika, turmeric, salt and pepper
- Roast until soft and tender 15-20 minutes, adding garlic cloves during final 10 minutes. Let cool.
- Meanwhile, place chickpeas in a food processor with remaining olive oil, tahini, lemon juice, and two tablespoons of water and blend. Add more water as needed until smooth.
- Once the carrots and garlic have cooled, add to processor and finish blending until smooth. Scoop into a bowl, drizzle with olive oil, honey and season with cinnamon. Serve with raw veggies, crackers, and/or chips.
- Hummus will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 7 days.
Nutrients per Calories: 154; Total Fat: 10g; Saturated Fat: 1.3g; Cholesterol: 0mg; Carbohydrate: 13.1g; Fiber: 2.9g; Sugars: 4.2g; Protein: 2.9g