Homemade Nutella Recipe
Yield: 10 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes (25 minutes if you have to toast your nuts)
Cook Time: 25 minutes (if you have to toast your nuts)
Total Time: 5-30 minutes
- 1.5 cups of hazelnuts, toasted and peeled
- 1/2 cup powdered coconut sugar*
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon hazelnut oil (or melted coconut)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of kosher sea salt
- If you’re nuts are not already toasted, place on a rimmed baking sheet and pop into a 300ºF oven for 20 minutes or until the skins are beginning to crack.
- Transfer toasted nuts onto a clean dish towel, folded over the nuts, and roll them around to loosen the skins. Remove as much as the outer skins as you can, without driving yourself crazy.
- Pop the hazelnuts into a food processor and blend for 2-3 minutes or until it looks like nut butter (it will be thick and creamy).
- Add in the powdered coconut sugar, cocoa powder, hazelnut oil, vanilla and salt. Blend again, until all of the ingredients have come together and create a rich and creamy chocolate hazelnut spread. If the mixture seems to thick, add an extra teaspoon or so of oil, until you reach the desired consistency.
- Transfer into an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to one month. Enjoy!
*To make the coconut powdered sugar, place one cup of coconut sugar in a high speed blender and blend, on high, for about 30 seconds or until the sugar has become fine and light. You will notice that some of the sugar will be so fine that it will be rising up in the blender (it almost looks like smoke), leave the lid on for about 5 minutes so all the sugar can settle down.
Store any unused sugar in an airtight container in a cool, dry place.
Nutrients per 2 tablespoons: Calories: 252; Total Fat: 15.7g; Saturated Fat: 1.3g; Cholesterol: 0mg; Sodium: 48mg Carbohydrate: 28.9g; Dietary Fiber: 2.7g; Sugars: 25.1g; Protein: 3.7g