Swapping out the bread for a fresh and crunchy bell pepper gives this Turkey and Veggie Sandwich a fun and unconventional twist.
It’s an easy way to cut back on refined grains and add more veggies into your diet.
Remember to swap in your favorite sammie fillers to create a lunch that excites and satisfies you.
Turkey and Veggie Sandwich on a Pepper Bun
Yield: Serves 1
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 piece red leaf lettuce
- 1-2 roasted peppers (from a jar)
- 2 ounces organic turkey breast
- 1 ounce organic cheddar cheese, thinly sliced
- 5 spicy pickle slices
- 1/4 cup hummus
- Slice off the cheeks from your pepper and use the two biggest halves for the bread.
- On top of one pepper cheek, layer red leaf lettuce, roasted pepper, turkey, cheddar cheese, and pickles.
- Spread the hummus on the remaining pepper cheek and place on top to create a sandwich. Serve and enjoy!
Nutrients per recipe: Calories: 319; Total Fat: 13.6g; Saturated Fat: 6.3g; Cholesterol: 72mg; Carbohydrate: 20.7g; Dietary Fiber: 1.9g; Sugars: 3.1g; Protein: 26.4g