If you are looking for a super easy (and delicious), grab-and-go breakfast option this recipe is for you!
Simply made of oats, bananas and chocolate chips these yummy cookies are like eating a bowl of oatmeal, only in cookie form.
They also make great after school snacks and are perfect for lunch boxes so I plan on making a double batch this weekend so I have them ready for my kids first week back to school.
What do you like to keep on hand for times when schedules and routines are back in full effect?
3-Ingredient Banana Oatmeal Cookies
Yield: 15 cookies
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1.5 cups oatmeal (I used 1/2 cup rolled and 1 cup quick)
- 2 medium bananas
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with a silpat mat or coat with some cooking spray.
- Using the back of a fork, mash bananas in a medium bowl until they are broken down. Add in oats and gently stir until all of the oats and bananas are mixed together and look like a thick cookie batter.
- Now your ready to add the chocolate chips! Sprinkle them into the dough and stir until they are just mixed throughout.
- Scoop one heaping tablespoon of the dough into your hands and free form into a cookie*. Place on cookie sheet and continue until you have 12 cookies.
- Cook for 12-15 minutes or until set through and lightly golden. Cool and enjoy!