This simply baked (bone-in) chicken is super simple to make and comes out moist and juicy each and every time. The key is to maintain a relatively low temperature (in this case 350 F) so the meat doesn’t dry out.
Keeping the bone in and skin on is another secret to keeping your lean chicken breasts moist and juicy.
You can certainly enjoy it as is, but I like to add it to my weekend meal prep so I can use it as a head start ingredient for a busy week.
Perfectly Baked Chicken Breasts (Bone In)
Yield: 2 baked chicken breasts
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 2 bone-in, split chicken breasts
- 2 tsp. avocado oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pre heat the oven to 350 F
- Place chicken on a rimmed baking sheet and drizzle avocado oil over the top of each breast. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165 and the skin is golden brown.
- Cool completely, remove the skin, and then chop or shred the chicken breast and store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.