Like all cauliflower bread-like recipes, the dough is very delicate. But with a little patience the end result is super delicious and a fun variation of the original recipes.
Be sure to watch the video below to get all of my tips and tricks to making a successful cauliflower grilled cheese!
Cauliflower Grilled Cheese Sammie
Yield: 4 sammies
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 head of cauliflower (4 cups of riced cauliflower)
- 2 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 ounces shredded cheese (I used cheddar)
- butter, coconut oil, cooking spray to grease the pan
- Clean, dry and cut cauliflower into florets.
- Place the cauliflower into a food processor and grind until you have a fine, sand like texture.
- Work in batches until you have finished all of the cauliflower. You should have about 4 cups of cauliflower rice.
- Toss cauliflower into a nice big bowl and mix in eggs, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Mix until well combined and you have a dough like texture.
- Heat a medium to large skillet over a medium low heat and coat with some butter, coconut oil, or cooking spray. Be sure the pan is well greased or things may get messy.
- Scoop up 1/4 cup of the dough and free from a round patty in your hand, be sure to gently squeeze out any extra liquid. Place cauliflower patty in the pan and repeat you have two patty’s in the pan.
- Set your timer for 5 minutes and use a spatula to gently from the cauliflower patty’s into squares so they look like two slices of bread.
- After 5 minutes, gently flip them over. Do note, they are very fragile!! I recommend watching the video for all of my flipping tips!
- Set timer for another 3 minutes and then top one slice of the bread with 1/4th of the cheese. Place the other slice of bread on top and cook until the cheese has melted.
- Remove from pan and cool a bit before eating (this gives the sammie a chance to set up). Serve and enjoy!