After sharing a Bok Choy 101 with you earlier in the week, I wanted to make sure you had some easy and delicious recipes to get started with!
This simple stir fry comes together in just 15 minutes and would make a great side dish for both chicken or fish. If you wanted a vegetarian meal, try serving this over your favorite grain.
Bok Choy + Ginger Stirfry
Yield: 2 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp. grated ginger
- 1 tbsp. low sodium soy sauce
- 1 lb. bok choy
- toasted sesame seeds
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wash the bok choy user cold water and chop it up, separating the stems from the leaves.
- Heat olive oil in a large non stick sauce pan and toss in the garlic and ginger. Cook for just a about a minute or until fragrant. Add bok choy stems, soy sauce and a splash of water and cook for 5 minutes.
- Once the stems are becoming tender, toss in the bok choy leaves and cook until they have wilted down.
- Season with salt and pepper and finish with a sprinkle of toasted sesame seeds. Enjoy!
Nutrients for 1/2 of recipe: Calories: 97; Total Fat: 9,3g; Saturated Fat: 6.3g; Cholesterol: 0mg; Carbohydrate: 2.9g; Dietary Fiber: 1.2g; Sugars: 0.6g; Protein: 2g