Watch the video HERE.
Great health and weight loss can be a complicated topic. I believe that there are many different approaches that work for many different people. It’s not always as black and white as we would like to think.
But the one thing that’s for sure is that the body needs to be in a state of relaxation in order to be in great health and capable of permanent weight loss.
We cannot stress and worry our way to the destination, it just doesn’t work (and even when it does, its not sustainable and/or it comes at a great cost).
But here’s the paradox.
Often times, the exact strategies we use to reach our health and weight loss goals, stress us out!
Any of these sound familiar?
- Obsessing over the perfect diet
- Constantly worrying about what you should or shouldn’t be eating
- Not accepting yourself and loving your body EXACTLY as it is (even if you are not at your ideal weight)
- Having a critical voice in your head that is constantly judging and shaming (rather then observing and learning)
- Holding back creativity and adventure as you wait for the perfect body
- Attaching value and worth to a certain look or size
All of these misguided strategies are stressful and counterproductive when trying to achieve your health, fitness or weight loss goal.
We have to approach our goals with interest, curiosity, compassion, patience, acceptance, and love. We have to have our own backs, be our own best friend.
So I want to invite you to do a little investigation. Take inventory. Notice…
Is there any where in your approach to your health, fitness and weight loss goals that just may be stressing you out?
And should you find something (or several things), ask yourself:
- What would it take for me to soften up around this habit?
- What it would it take for me to let go of this behavior?
- Do I really need to hold on to it, and if so why?
- Does it serve me?
- What might be another (more productive) way?
And just see what you come up with? You may be surprised to learn what you already know when you simply remember to ask. xo
Want to watch this topic in video format? Click HERE.