Scroll down to watch the video.
I just love the change of ingredients that come with the change of seasons. It keeps things super fun and fresh in the kitchen (which also means in my mouth and in my belly!).
This simple salad pairs two of Autumns most delicious ingredients; apples + broccoli.
Remember; what grows together, goes together. So anytime you pair seasonal ingredients together, you can trust that they will taste great.
For the creamy dressing, I subbed in 3/4 cup of plain Greek yogurt for most of the mayo, but still left 1/4 cup of real mayo in for good measure. You can certainly do all yogurt or all mayo, if you prefer. Really any and all of it would work.
This salad is a great side dish for just about any meal and it’s perfect to bring along to a cookout or potluck as well.
Broccoli + Apple Salad
Yield: Makes 6 cups
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 4 cups of broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup shaved carrots
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 2 large apples, chopped (I used Honey Crisp apples)
- 1/2 cup of sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup dried tart cherries, chopped
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt (I used 2 %)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp lemonjuice
- 1 tsp. honey
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl combine the broccoli, carrots, red onion, apples, sunflower seeds and dried cherries.
- In a glass spouted cup or mason jar, combine mayonnaise, yogurt, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, honey, salt and pepper. Whisk until well combined.
- Add the dressing over the salad and mix until everything is well combined and all of the broccoli has a lite coating of the dressing. Serve and enjoy.