A few weeks ago I shared a video on You Tube called, “What’s In My Fridge?“.
It was a snapshot of what my fridge looks like after finishing some weekend meal prep and setting up for a week of ease-filled, Clean & Delicious eating.
Well, in that video I mentioned a simple chopped detox salad that I had prepared for the week and I ended up with so many request for the recipe, I immediately got to work creating a new video so I could walk you guys though the recipe, step by step!
Now, in full disclosure, this was my attempt at recreating the chopped detox salad they often sell at my local Whole Foods. I just love the texture of the salad and I find it to be such an easy (and delicious) way to pack in lots of veggies.
I have found, the secret to a great chopped salad is a food processor. Chopping the veggies in your food processor creates a crunchy, crumb like texture that would take forever to do with your knife. And the ingredients end up so fine, I often eat this salad with a spoon.
And there’s no need to ‘stick to the script’ for this recipe, it’s very flexible. So by all means, use what you have on hand, and play around with your ingredients. It would be quite tricky to mess this salad up!
This recipe makes a ton, so often I will make it on the weekend and then enjoy it as an easy lunch during the week. If you really want this salad to last for the long haul, keep the dressing on the side and dress the salad when you are ready to eat it.
Watch the step-by-step video here.
Chopped Detox Salad
Yield: 4-6 Servings
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 bunch of broccoli (about 2 cups chopped)
- 1/3 large head of cauliflower (about 2 cups chopped)
- 1/2 small head red cabbage (about 2 cups chopped)
- 4 kale leaves, stems (about 2 cups chopped)
- 3 carrots, peeled (about 1 cup chopped)
- 1/2 cup parsley
- 1/3 cup roasted almonds, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp. sunflower seeds
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 tbsp. grated ginger (about 1 inch)
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp. dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Roughly chop all the veggies into bite size pieces.
- Place each veggie into the food processor and pulse until you have chopped the veggies nice and fine. They should look like crumbs and you will definitely have to do this in batches. Fine chop the parsley as well.
- Transfer the veggies into a big bowl and add in the almonds, sunflower seeds, and dried cranberries.
- In a separate bowl combine the garlic, ginger, lemon juice, dijon mustard, honey, extra virgin olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss everything together. Serve and enjoy!