Here is another recipe I have made with the Trader Joe’s Black Bean Rotini Pasta.
This one has a peanut dressing and some crunchy veggies mixed in. I find this recipe gets even better with time, so feel free to make it a day ahead and let it mingle in the fridge.
Thai Black Bean Pasta Salad with Edamame
Yield: Makes 4 (1.5cup) servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 6 ounces TJ’s Black Bean Rotini
- 1 cup shelled and cooked edamame
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced scallions
- 1/4 cup all natural peanut butter
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 1 tsp. grated ginger
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 3 tbsp. hot water
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking make the dressing.
- In a small spouted glass cup (or mason jar) combine peanut butter, garlic ginger, soy sauce, honey, lime juice, red pepper flakes, and hot water. Whisk until everything is well combined. *You want the dressing to be pourable, so if it seems to thick, add little more hot water. Set aside.
- Drain pasta and add to a large bowl. Once the pasta has cooled down a bit, add the edamame, pepper, carrots, and scallions to the bowl.
- Pour the salad dressing over the pasta and veggies and stir until everything is well combined. Serve and enjoy!