This is one of three recipes I shared in my latest video highlighting 3-different recipe using the Trader Joe’s Black Bean Rotini Pasta.
This protein packed pasta is combined with cucumbers, tomatoes, peppers, red onion and some tangy, creamy feta cheese. Then I top it with a simple, bright vinaigrette seasoned with lemon, oregano and garlic.
This salad would be great to bring a long to a picnic or bbq and makes a great light lunch or dinner.
Greek Style Black Bean Pasta Salad
Yield: Makes 4 (1.5cup) servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 6 oz dry black bean pasta (2.25 cup dry)
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced red onions
- 1 cup chopped cucumbers (I like the crunchy Persian Cucumbers)
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 1/3 cup kalamata black olives
- 1/4 cup (2 oz.) feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to the directions. I find it cooks pretty fast, so start to check it after just 5 minutes, once it’s al dente, you can drain it.
- Transfer strained pasta in a large bowl and allow to cool for a few minutes. While that’s happening, you can make the dressing.
- In a small spouted glass cup (or mason jar) combine red wine vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Add all the veggies and the cheese to the cooled pasta. Pour the dressing over the pasta and gently mix it all together. Serve immediately or keep in the fridge until ready to eat. Enjoy!