Scroll down to watch the video.
Amie struggled with many different symptoms (including leaky gut, adrenal fatigue, and) over many years and eventually took her health into her own hands and literally healed herself of all of her symptoms.
All of the recipes in Eating Clean are free of refined sugar, gluten, dairy, soy, eggs, and processed foods. It’s also a handbook on how to remove toxins from your cleaning supplies, beauty products and food.
This is the first recipe I have tried from the cookbook and my family and I loved it. It reminds me a lot of a tomato soup, except with the fresh, bright flavor of bell peppers.
Watch the step by step instructions in the video below and if you are interested in the cookbook, you can check it out here.
Golden Bell Pepper Soup
Yield: Serves 4
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes+5 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 8 yellow, red, and/or orange bell peppers, chopped
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 4 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 3 tsp finely chopped fresh marjoram
- Slice avocado, for garnish
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion, carrot, celery, and a pinch of salt and black pepper. Cook until the vegetables are tender, about 4 minutes.
- Add the bell peppers and cook until soft, about 6 minutes.
- Add the sweet potatoes and broth. Season with salt and black pepper, cover the pot, and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and add the marjoram. Simmer until the vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Let the soup cool slightly, and then, in batches, transfer to a blender and puree until smooth. If needed, thin the soup with water. Adjust the seasoning with salt and black pepper if necessary.
- Return the soup to the pot to keep warm until serving.
Nutrients per 1/4th of recipe: 274 calories, 15.1g fat (2.2g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 762mg sodium, 37.8g carbohydrate, 8g fiber, 13.9g sugar, 4.5g protein