If you’re in need of a super-simple-fun-and-festive holiday treat, then look no further because these “Chocolate-Peppermint Mini Grahams” are all of the above! Who would think you could make such a lovely little treat using only three ingredients? So I thought in the name of a little holiday fun, I would provide you with:
The top ten reasons to make some “Chocolate-Pepprmint Mini Grahms” this season:
10. You only need three ingredients (try doing that with a cookie!)
9. If you use dark chocolate you are getting a great dose of your holiday anioxidants:)
8. They are so darn cute and festive.
7. They are a great “last-minute-come-together-fast-without-having-to-commit-to-a-cookie-baking-marathon” holiday treat.
6. You can wrap them up and tie them with a little ribbon for a beautiful AND thrifty holiday gift.
5. Visual appeal… I mean c’mon, aren’t they just lovely to look at?
4. Everybody loves the combination of chocolate and peppermint (and if they don’t, then no worries… more for you.)
3. They’re flexible. Don’t have graham crackers, use animal crackers. Don’t have animal crackers, use nuts or dried fruit or cereal… I mean seroiusly, what’s not good dipped in chocolate?
2. They are the perfect dessert to put out with coffee or tea after a holiday meal… not too filling, not too sweet… they’re just the right size.
1. In the words of my husband… “They’re just SO damn good!”
Need I say more?
Chocolate-Peppermint Mini Grahams
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes chilling time
Total Time: 1 hour
- 1 box of mini honey grahams
- 8 oz of dark chocolate
- 3 candy canes
Place candy canes in a sturdy zip loc back and smash with a rolling pin or any other kitchen utensil that you feel will do the job!
Remove all mini grahams from their individual packages and set aside.
Pour a couple inches of water in a medium saucepan and bring to a simmer. Top with a glass bowl that sits right on top of the pot with out touching the water. Pop your chocolate in the bowl and stir occasionally until it is all melted.
While your chocolate is melting, line two baking sheets with parchment paper or a silpat.
Once the chocolate is melted, drop about eight grahams into the chocolate bowl and toss them around to coat with the chocolate. Then simply take a spoon and fish each graham out placing belly side up on your baking sheet.
While the chocolate is still warm, sprinkle each graham with a kiss of the peppermint candy. Continue this procedure until you have finished all the graham crackers.
Pop the trays in the fridge for about a half hour or until set and then these little babies are yours to do as you please. Enjoy!!
Serving Size: 5 Mini Grahams
Calories: 76; Total Fat: 3.2g; Saturated Fat: 1.7g; Cholesterol: 10.5mg; Sodium: 28mg; Carbohydrate: 10.5g; Dietary Fiber: 0.7; Sugars: 7.5g; Protein: 0.8g