This easy vanilla mug cake recipe is ready in just 2 minutes! If you want a keto mug cake that’s simple to make and super delicious, give this keto (and paleo!) vanilla mug cake a try. It’s sure to do the job.
Easy Vanilla Mug Cake
This keto (and paleo) vanilla mug cake is made with almond flour, vanilla bean, coconut oil and monk fruit. It’s a delicious, grain-free mug cake recipe that comes together in just minutes.
Ever find yourself wanting a piece of cake BUT not wanting to deal with an entire cake? This is where mug cake enters the room.
Mug cake is a single serving of cake, made in a mug and cooked in the microwave.
A great way to indulge a sweet tooth without having to rely on highly processed options from the grocery store.
Ingredients for an almond flour mug cake:
This healthy vanilla mug cake recipe is made with just seven simple ingredients you probably have in your pantry right now. Here’s what you need:
- Almond flour – The base of this mug cake is almond flour, which keeps the cake gluten-free and adds protein and healthy fats.
- Monk fruit – We’re naturally sweetening this mug cake with monk fruit. Feel free to sub with any granulated sugar you have on hand.
- Coconut oil – To add a bit of moisture to the batter. You can sub with any oil or even melted butter.
- Vanilla – Use vanilla seeds or vanilla extract to give this vanilla mug cake that classic vanilla cake flavor.
- Egg – You’ll need one egg to give this mug cake structure and the perfect texture.
- Baking powder – To help the mug cake fluff up and rise.
- Pinch of salt – Pulls the flavors together. You’ll only need a tiny bit.
How To Make Paleo Vanilla Mug Cake
Brace yourself. This recipe is crazy easy to make!
- Grease an 8-ounce microwave-safe mug with coconut oil (butter or cooking spray would work as well).
- Add almond flour, monk fruit, coconut oil, egg, vanilla (beans are best but you can also use extract), baking soda and salt. Stir until you have a beautiful, rich cake batter.
- Pop in the microwave for one minute or until the cake is set through and springy on top.
- Cool and enjoy!
I love this mug cake topped with whipped cream and fresh berries but it’s also delicious as-is.
Tips For Making Keto Vanilla Mug Cake
- Almond flour. Rich in healthy fats and protein, almond flour is naturally a low carb flour option that creates and super moist, low carb mug cake
- Fresh vanilla beans. While this mug cake can be made with vanilla extract, fresh vanilla beans take the flavor to a whole new level. The flavor of fresh vanilla beans is beyond any other vanilla flavor, so I highly recommend you use them if you can. Look for vanilla beans that are plump and shiny, you definitely don’t want them to be dried out.
- Monk Fruit. An all-natural sweetener, with zero-calorie, monk fruit has been on the rise. I have been experimenting with it a bit in my baking and really like it. If you don’t need to keep the recipe keto-friendly and prefer not to use monk fruit, any granulated sugar can be swapped in 1:1.
What makes this almond flour mug cake so amazing?
Not only do I LOVE how easy and delicious this almond flour mug cake is, but I also love that’s it’s much more nutritious than your everyday cake. This vanilla keto mug cake is:
- Packed with healthy fats and fiber from the almond flour to keep you full and satisfied.
- Almond flour is also a wonderful source of calcium and vitamin E.
- Naturally gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free and keto-friendly.
- Low in sugar, so your blood sugar won’t spike after you eat it.
More Mug Cake Recipes:
More Healthy Dessert Ideas:
Thanks so much for reading! You can watch the video down below and if you make this recipe I would love for you to give it a ★ rating below. And be sure to follow me on YouTube, Pinterest, Instagram and FaceBook for more healthy food inspiration!
Keto Vanilla Mug Cake
- 1/4 cup almond flour, extra fine
- 2 tablespoons monk fruit*
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla seeds or 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch kosher salt
- Grease an 8-ounce mug with coconut oil or cooking spray.
- If using fresh vanilla beans, scrape them out of the pod and set them aside.
- Combine all ingredients in a spouted glass cup and stir until you have a nice, rich cake batter.
- Transfer the batter to the mug and pop it in the microwave for one minute.
- Top with your favorite topping and enjoy!