Scroll down to watch the video.
These protein packed carrot cake energy balls are perfect for a breakfast on the run or as a late afternoon snack with a cup of coffee or tea!
You can add an extra boost of protein by adding some vanilla protein powder into the mix or add some extra oats for extra energy. Both options are shared below.
Carrot Cake Energy Balls
Yield: Makes 10 balls
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: o minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1/4 cup creamy roasted almond butter
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder* (30g)
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 2 tbsp raisins
- 2 tbsp walnuts
- 2 tbsp. shredded coconut
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- a pinch each nutmeg + ground ginger
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend until everything is mixed together. The consistency will be similar to sand.
- Grab about 1 tbsp. of the mixture and squeeze in your palm to get it to stick. Then free form into a ball. Repeat until you have 10 balls.
- Place all balls on a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper and chill in the fridge for one hour. Transfer to an airtight container and leave in fridge until ready to enjoy!
*If you don’t want to use protein powder you can skip it and add and extra 1/4 cup of oats
Nutrients per ball: Calories: 95; Total Fat: 5.5g; Saturated Fat: 0.8g; Cholesterol: 0mg; Carbohydrate: 8.3g; Dietary Fiber: 1.6g; Sugars: 4.1g; Protein: 5.4g
Nutrients sans the PP add in 1/4 cup oats
Nutrients per ball: Calories: 93; Total Fat: 5.6g; Saturated Fat: 0.8g; Cholesterol: 0mg; Carbohydrate: 9.5g; Dietary Fiber: 1.8g; Sugars: 4.1g; Protein: 3.2g