Scroll down to watch the video.
This bright, fresh Spring Detox Salad is loaded with seasonal ingredients and absolutely delicious (not to mention stunning to look at).
For a full meal, try serving it alongside some simply grilled chicken or baked fish. Enjoy!
Spring Detox Chopped Salad
Yield: Serves 4
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 2 hearts of romaine, finely chopped
- 1.5 cups chopped persian cucumbers
- 1.5 cups chopped sugar snap peas
- 1 cup chopped fennel
- 1 cup frozen peas, defrosted
- 1/2 cup chopped pistachios
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup finely diced onion
- 2 clove crushed garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
Combine all veggies and the pistachios in a large bowl.
Pour the dressing over the top and gently toss together until everything is mixed well. Top with lemon zest and enjoy.
Makes 4 servings (about 1.5 cups per serving): Calories: 364; Total Fat: 27g; Saturated Fat: 3.6g; Cholesterol: 0mg; Carbohydrate: 25.3g; Dietary Fiber: 8.1g; Sugars: 7.3g; Protein: 10.9g