Scroll down to watch the video.
Apparently, cauliflower is the new kale.
I mean, people are making cauliflower everything! Breads, bagels, grilled cheese sammies, and pizza.
Now, I know the cauliflower pizza craze has been going on for a while now. I even shared my own take on it last year, and while I think homemade cauliflower pizza crust is delicious (and something everyone should try at least once), it’s not super convenient.
Usually when we choose pizza for dinner, its because we’re looking for something fast and super easy, so cauliflower crust doesn’t usually make the cut… until now!
I recently discovered a pre-made, frozen cauliflower pizza crust that is just as delicious as homemade and way more convenient!
Now we really can have cauliflower crust pizza on a Tuesday night. Yay!
The brand is called Califlour Foods and they have three different options; Italian, Red Pepper, and Plant Based. I’ve tried them all and am a big fan.
I plan to keep a couple of these in the freezer at all times as an easy, delicious, plant based solution to busy weeknights and a great alternative to traditional pizza.
You can obviously add any kind of toppings that you want, but this White Kale Pizza is my current favorite (I just LOVE white pizza!).
White Kale Pizza on Frozen Cauliflower Crust
Yield: Serves 2
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- Pre heat oven to 375.
- If you are using a pizza stone, heat it while warming up the oven. If you don't have a pizza stone, you can use a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper (not wax paper!).
- Place pizza crust on the pizza stone or baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes until warmed through and lightly golden.
- Carefully remove the crust and spread on the ricotta cheese. Season with garlic powder and Italian seasoning. Top with garlicky kale, shredded mozzarella, and red pepper flakes.
- Place the pizza back into the oven for another 8-10 minutes or until the cheese has melted and everything is heated through.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before cutting. Serve and enjoy!