Scroll down to watch the video.
This super easy Spaghetti Squash Skillet makes a delicious and healthy weeknight meal.
It’s kind of like a deconstructed, spaghetti and meatballs; chock full of Italian flavors and very family friendly!
Feel free to swap out the beef with some ground chicken or turkey and if you can make your spaghetti squash ahead of time, you can really save some time during a busy week. Enjoy!
Easy + Healthy Spaghetti Squash Skillet
Yield: 4-6 serving
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes + time to cook your squash
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Salt, pepper, and garlic powder
- 1 lb. lean ground beef (preferably grass fed)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 cup baby portobella mushrooms, chopped
- 3 cups fresh diced tomatoes (or 2 15-ounce cans)
- 1 15oz can of tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp. Italian seasoning
- Salt and paper to taste
- Fresh chopped basil or parsley (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Cut spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and seed. Season each half with a teaspoon of olive oil and a sprinkle of salt, pepper and garlic powder. Place skin side up on a rimmed baking sheet and cook in for 35-40 tender until tender. Cool and gently scrap out the squash. This will be the base of your dish.
- Brown beef in a large non-stick skillet over a medium-high heat. Continually stir with a wooden spoon or spatula to make sure the meat is broken into small crumbles.
- Once the meat has browned, push it to one side of the pan and add in the onion and pepper. Cook for about 5 minutes until veggie begin to soften and then stir in the mushrooms and the garlic. Allow to cook for another couple of minutes until the mushrooms have softened and then mix all the veggies and beef together.
- Add in diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, Italian seasoning, and salt and pepper to taste. Cook for another 15-20 minutes until all the flavors have come together and then top with fresh basil or parsley.
- Serve over the top of a pile of spaghetti squash and enjoy!
Nutrients per 1/4th of recipe: Calories: 475; Total Fat: 20.4g Saturated Fat: 6g; Cholesterol: 95mg; Carbohydrate: 39.4g; Dietary Fiber: 9.7g; Sugars: 14.6g; Protein: 36.1g