I’ve found that one of the easiest ways to eat a healthier diet is to simply incorporate more seasonal ingredients into your kitchen.
Seasonal ingredients are like Mother Natures way of saying, “Oh, hi! Eat this. It’s delicious and good for your body. You’re Welcome.”
Or at least, that’s what I envision her saying (lol).
The combination of butter lettuce with creamy avocados and fresh, seasonal strawberries is unbeatable and a perfect example of the perfection Mother Nature has in mind for us. Top that with tangy feta cheese and roasted almonds and we’ve just left the stratosphere.
Oh! And let’s not forget the creamy balsamic salad dressing, it’s quickly become one of our family favorites.
If you are a big salad eater, I encourage you to double the recipe for the salad dressing and keep some on hand to use during the week. It will happily last in the fridge for up to 7 days and can save you lots of time when you are wanting to eat a delicious salad.
Note: This salad is a part of my Strawberry 3x video. If you like the step-by-step, you can watch that video below.
Strawberry Avocado Butter Lettuce Salad
Yield: 4-6 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 head of butter lettuce
- 1 pint strawberries, sliced
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 2 ounces of feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/3 cup roasted almonds, chopped
- 1 clove of crushed garlic
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup plain 2% Greek yogurt
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Clean, dry and chop the butter lettuce and play in a large bowl or platter. Top with strawberries, avocado, feta cheese and chopped almonds. Set aside.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a glass jar, pop on the lid and shake until everything is well combined (you can also do this a cup or bowl and whisk together with a fork).
- Serve your salad on your favorite plate or bowl and drizzle with plasmic dressing. Enjoy!