This is the most kid-friendly recipe I have made with the Black Bean Rotini Pasta from Trader Joe’s. It’s also crazy easy.
If you haven’t tried the pasta yet, it’s worth a go.
Pound for pound it has the same amount of calories as traditional pasta, but because this pasta is made from black bean flour it has a lot more fiber and protein. So it’s great way to work a little more vegetarian protein into your diet.
You can see these recipes step-by-step in the video below.
Black Bean Pasta, Peas + Parmesan
Yield: 2-4 servings
Prep Time: 0 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 6 ounces black bean pasta
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2-4 tbsp parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta for 6-8 minutes or until just al dente.
- Add frozen peas to the bottom of a colander and strain pasta over the peas. This will defrost and warm the peas.
- Toss the pasta and peas back into the pot and season with olive oil, parmesan, salt and pepper. Mix well to combine.
- Serve and enjoy!