Watch the step-by-step video HERE.
When it comes to socializing during the holiday season, I would much rather snack and nibble throughout the evening then sit down to a full-course meal. Especially if the crowd is going to be more then six people. I’ve always felt that sit down dinners with more then six people lose some of the intimacy and charm of a great, shared meal so if I’m working with a crowd, I usually lean towards lots of snacks and nibbles.
These Sweet and Spicy Walnuts are perfect for a holiday cocktail party and they are super easy to make. Simply toast up some walnuts and then finish them with a kiss of butter, a squish of honey, a dash of hot sauce, and some fresh chopped rosemary. Just those few steps and you’ll have a nut to remember.
They are also great as a head-start ingredient because you can make them when you do your meal prep, store them in an airtight container and then have a crazy flavorful, healthy fat option to sprinkle on top of salads that will add a crunchy, blast of flavor.
Helpful Kitchen Tools:
Sweet and Spicy Toasted Walnuts
Yield: Makes 1 cup (8-2tbsp. servings)
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup raw, unsalted walnuts (halves or pieces)
- 1 tsp. pastured butter
- 1 tbsp. honey
- A few dashes of hot sauce
- A pinch of salt
- 2 tsp. of fresh rosemary, chopped up
- Heat a small non-stick sauté pan over a medium-low heat, toss in nuts and gently toss around, looking for 8-10 minutes or until fragrant and lightly toasted.
- Turn the heat all the way down, as low as it can go, and add in the butter, hot sauce, honey, salt and rosemary. Toss again until the nuts are coated in all the yummy goodness (you can also do this by mixing with a rubber spatula).
- Transfer to a rimmed baking sheet to cool. Enjoy!