Happy New Year!
This is the time of year when health, fitness, and weight loss goals are taking front stage, and for good reason! Many of us (ok, perhaps I should just speak for myself) have played, celebrated, indulged, over-indulged, stayed up late and let it all go over the past two weeks and nothing sounds better then refocusing on our goals.
So I wanted to kick off the year talking about what goes into to creating and achieving goals for the long run. This is a topic that really interest me. I love learning about what we need to do to create REAL change and new habits in our lives. I also love understanding what type of things stand in our way and block us from reaching our true potential.
I plan to spend some more time on this this year with the intention of getting myself in better shape (I’m going to be 40!) and supporting anyone else who wants to bring their health, fitness and weight loss goals to the next level in 2015.
So if you are interested in learning some of the basic steps that are needed when it comes to goal setting, be sure to check out my latest video below. And if you prefer bullet points, here are the basic steps that go into creating and achieving goals that last:
1. Decide what you want. Be clear. Be honest. Don’t worry about the how, just identify what you desire.
2. Identify the why. Why do you want what you want. How will you feel when you have it?
3. Brainstorm ideas. Make a list of at least 10 things you believe you could do to help you achieve your goals. Be specific.
4. Take baby steps. Look at your list and begin to implement 1-2 things into your life. Practice them until they are habit and then work on a new step.
5. Practice. Don’t expect to be perfect. Be willing to tweak, change and adjust the plan as needed. Make it work for you and be kind and patient on the journey. Have your own back.
I go into each step in more detail in the idea below, so be sure to check it out if you are working on new goals and intentions for 2015.
I would love to hear what YOUR health, fitness, and weight loss goals are for the new year! so come on down to the comment below and let’s chat. xo