Scroll down to watch the video.
Coconut Flour is gaining a lot of popularity these days.
It’s a grain free, gluten-free, high in protein and fiber, alternative to traditional wheat flours which makes it a great option for anyone who has specific dietary restrictions.
But you can not swap in coconut flour for wheat flour without making adjustments. Coconut flour is extremely absorbent so you need to pull back on the amount of coconut flour and increase the amount of eggs and liquid a recipe calls for when using coconut flour.
In the video below, I cover all the key points you need to know to successfully work with coconut flour. So check it out and let me know if you have any thoughts or questions down in the comments below.
And for those of you who are eager to try working with coconut flour, here are some recipes I have found that look amazing and I am excited to try:
- Coconut Flour Donut Holes I mean really, don’t we all need a recipe like this in our lives?
- Paleo Popcorn Chicken Nuggets my kids would love this!
- Paleo Chocolate Chunk Banana Bread this looks insanely delicious.
- Coconut Flour Blueberry Muffins so simple and I love blueberries.
- Egg-Free Paleo Macaroons I actually tried these and cut back on the honey a bit, they were great.