I absolutely love the idea of a garden but I’ve discovered that I have less of a green thumb than I care to admit.
Luckily for me my hubby has a knack for the gardening thing, so I get to choose the plants, he then plants and cares for them while they are in the garden and then I jump back in for harvesting and cooking.
We’ve got a good thing going.
And since New Jersey is known for its tomatoes, you know I just had to plant some tomatoes in our little garden. But who knew that even a little tomato plant would make so many tomatoes?!
I’ve never had enough tomatoes to care about learning how to peel and seed them in the past, but this year, the game has changed.
So I did a little research, tried a few different techniques and shared what I thought was the easiest way to get the job done down in the video below (hint: boil water in your teapot and pour over tomatoes).
Next week I’ll be sharing a delicious end of summer harvest soup that would happily use these tomatoes but in the meantime, here are 10 more tomato recipes to get your mouth watering and put your tomato stash to use.
10 Clean & Delicious Ways To Eat Your Tomatoes:
- How-To Make Tomato Sauce With Fresh Tomatoes (The Kitchn)
- Spicy Shrimp & Cherry Tomato Linguine (Summer Tomato)
- Tomato Fennel & White Bean Soup (pictured below)
- Grilled Lemon Chicken With Tomato & Feta Salad (Deliciously Organic)
- Tomato Pie With Corn + Whole Wheat Crust (100Days Of Real Food)
- Pico De Gallo Salsa (pictured below)
- Thai Inspired Tomato Soup (Clean Eating Magazine)
- Gazpacho (Oh She Glows)
- How To Can Tomatoes (Simple Bites)
- No-Cook Tomato Sauce Over Spaghetti Squash
How do you guys like to eat tomatoes? Any favorite recipes or techniques out there? I would love to hear them down in the comments below.