High Protein Mango Lassi (Video)

Mangoes are very popular in our house so I often buy them by the case from a man who stands on the corner selling fruit just a block away from where we live.

There is something really fun about buying a case of mangoes from the guy on the corner.  Not sure what it is exactly but it’s definitely a lot of fun.

Once we’ve got the mangoes home we eat them in lots of different ways. Plain, mixed in yogurt, chopped into salsa, tossed in a salad or a skillet, blended in a margarita or whipped into this yummy Mango Lassi.

When I make this shake after I workout I add protein powder (I have a few listed below that I like), otherwise I stick to just the yogurt and mango (which is also how I make it for my kids).

As many of you know from this video, I’ve been experimenting with dairy around here.  I’ve been buying full fat yogurt and enjoying it less often BUT when I shot this video I used Voskos non-fat Greek yogurt (they also sell a full fat version).  Voskos Greek yogurt is great, especially when you opt for low or no fat because it’s so rich and creamy (and high in protein which is nice as a pre-post snack) that you can barely taste a difference.

If you want to check them out, bop on offer to facebook and give them a like.  They share of creative ways to use Greek yogurt on their page, so it’s a good way to get inspired!

As for this recipe, use any % yogurt you like.  Non-fat, low fat, full fat… they all work and taste delicious.

Here are some of the protein powders I like (as I mentioned in the video):

SunWarrior (clean, raw, vegan): http://www.sunwarrior.com
Jay Robb (clean, grass-fed, short ingredient list!): http://www.jayrobb.com
Gnarly (clean, grass-fed): http://gognarly.com

(full disclosure: this recipe was sponsored by Voskos.  i only work with companies that i authentically like and enjoy. everything i share in the post if of my own opinion)

High Protein Mango Lassi

Yield: Serves 2

• 1 large, ripe mango, cut into chunks
  • 1 cup plain, non-fat Greek yogurt
  • ¼ cup almond milk
  • ½ scoop protein powder
  • 3-4 ice cubes

Place all ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend on high until you have a thick, creamy, delicious, smoothie.  Enjoy!

Nutrients per 1/2 the recipe; Calories: 157, Carbs: 24, Fat: .5, Protein 16, Sugar 1.5

7 Responses to “High Protein Mango Lassi (Video)”

Julie — May 25, 2013 @ 10:18 am

Thanks for posting! This looks simple and delicious! :)

Nilesh — June 30, 2013 @ 12:02 pm

i love mango…. !! The reason why i love summers is mango only :P
    My doctor told me to eat mangoes for better eyesight…

leslie weaver — June 30, 2013 @ 3:10 pm

I make this all the time. Love it! Great recipe. Also thanks for the protein powder suggestions. I have a new favorite!

bahsan — July 1, 2013 @ 2:27 pm

Thanks Dani, this was by far the most delicious protein shake. I am always looking for ways to increase my protein intake. love it.

KaRiNa — May 30, 2014 @ 12:59 am

Hi, Dani. I’m Indonesian.
    Thank you so much for sharing all these amazing menus.
    I loovee it ! So much !
    When I saw your video for the first time on youtube, I said to myself, “This is it! This is what I looking for!”
    I like the “Clean, SImple, and Delicious” concept. So me.

I just married and I do care about my husband and of course myself health. Thats why I always try to make simple, healthy, and delicious food. You know . . . Indonesian food so rich of taste, some of those need coconut milk that contains so much fat, and we cant avoid rice.
    Rice is main dish in Indonesian food. Even it contains high calorie and sugar. U know what . . . some Indonesian said, We cannot say we eat already if we not eat rice yet. Hahaha. . .

Okay, enough about my story.
    Based on this mango menus, things that I want to ask to you is this :
    Can you give me some food ideas use tropical fruit such as papaya, jackfruit, soursop, starfruit, coconut (I like to mix cocounut and orange, so fresh!), mangosteen, etc.
    Compared by berries, those fruits easy to find here and cheap also.

Okay, thats all I think.
    Thanks you so much Dani ^_^

Rhonda Gilliam — June 29, 2014 @ 9:41 pm

Hey Dani,

I love your site and your recipes, but I am wondering IF a coconut yogurt or soy yogurt would work as well. I guess I will try it out for myself, but since I cannot have dairy at all (casein allergy), I thought I would ask if you had tried it with coconut or soy yogurt.

I have the feeling it won’t be so creamy, but it is worth a shot!

6.1
      Dani — June 29, 2014 @ 9:56 pm

yes – they any milk substitute will work! And if you use frozen mango it will still be very creamy:)