Ask Dani Session 4 – Cooking Oils, Condensed Milk, & Diets (Video)

And if you have any other questions for me, you can submit them above in the Ask Dani section above!

Thanks so much and let me know what you think!  I’d love to hear your feedback and opinions on the questions asked too, so feel free to leave your two cents in the comments below!

6 Responses to “Ask Dani Session 4 – Cooking Oils, Condensed Milk, & Diets (Video)”

sixsnowflakes — June 11, 2012 @ 10:40 pm

Great video! I loved it.

Steve — June 12, 2012 @ 10:47 am

great video, but my dear Dany,
    you exaggerate a little when you say that you are searching
    30 years for the right diet.
    You did not not really start at the age of 2 (two). (o;

Ellen — June 13, 2012 @ 12:53 pm

I just watched your question/answer segment on cooking oils and have a question about baking oils. I know that I should be using coconut oil for baking, but I really do not like the taste of coconut. I don’t want to use any refined vegetable oils either. Do you have any suggestions?

3.1
      Dani — June 13, 2012 @ 1:12 pm

Hi Ellen… GREAT question! I think you’ve got a few options here:
      1. But Refined Coconut oil – While it does undergo some processing it still maintains some health benefits and most importantly remains extremely stable. And because it’s deodorized it has a much more mild scent and flavor.

2. Organic, preferably pastured, butter. It’s a real, whole food that is stable! (and delish!)

3. High Oleic Acid Safflower Oil – While this is a refined veggie oil it does have the benefit of being high in Omega-9. Fran McCullough has a great explanation in here book, “The Good Fat CookBook”, in it she says, “If you desperately need a flavorless oil that’s not light (refined) olive oil, this is your best bet – just look for expeller pressed – (cold pressed without heat), not hydrogenated and stored carefully. It’s still a fragile oil, with no real health benefits beyond its high oleic additive.”

And remember – take all this info with a grain of salt! The key is not to GO CRAZY. Inform yourself and then make it work for you. IF you have a cookie that you LOVE that uses a crap oil than so be it. Make the cookies and ENJOY them… as long as it’s not a stable in your world, I don’t think an occasional this or that is really that harmful!!

Kim — June 13, 2012 @ 7:09 pm

The best oil is actually Avocado Oil…better than coconut oil with a higher heating tolerance.

Steve — June 14, 2012 @ 7:33 am

My allpurpose oil is canola, is that good or bad?