After a short 5-days I have very much realized that this once called transforamtion is really NOT about my body; it’s about my mind.
I am pursuing a ‘feeling’ not a look.
The feelings are joy, happiness, excitement, patience, acceptance, and love. With myself and for myself, always.
This is why I want to eat well and take amazing care of myself. Not so much so I can have a tight ass but because I deserve to feel amazing ALL the time (and so do YOU!).
This 12 week Journal is less of a weight loss tool and more of a committment to my own awareness of myself. It’s an opportunity for me to know myself better so I can take better care of me:).
Here are some other things that came up in my WHY:
- I want to feel lean, strong, flexible, and confident in my body.
- I want to be more active and get outside more (something I’ve cut waaay back on since baby number two) because it helps me feel clear and connected to myself and simply makes me feel great.
- I want to take care of my body and mind in a way that allows me to live to my fullest potential.
- I want to teach my daughter that being healthy is an act of self love – it’s a gift you give yourself and it’s NOT selfish.
- I want to pay closer attention to the times I turn to food when I’m not really hungry.
- I want to practice feeling ALL of my emotions – even the ones that are not super comfy.
- I want to look great in my clothes.
What’s interesting about the WHY is that most of these feelings can be created without actually changing my body at all. In otherwords, it really is less about the destintation and more about the journey.
I mean other than having my clothes fit perfectly – most of my WHYS can be (and have been) put into action right now. That’s pretty cool.
As we begin to create the feelings that we want to have in our life NOW – the weight and the body are just the icing on the cake – they just kind of come along for the ride.
What kind of feelings do you want to have more of in your life? What can you do today to make that happen?