How-To Seed A Pomegranate (Video)

A Pomegranate is an amazing and delicious fruit that often gets overlooked simply because people don’t know how to get the seeds out! ┬áSO I decided it was about time to share my favorite way to seed (or de-seed) a pomegranate.

It takes a little bit of effort but I promise you the reward is well worth the ‘work’.

This is also a great job to have your children do because it’s safe (no knives), it’s fun, and depending on how old your kiddies are, it can take a relatively long time (and we all know how valuable a lengthy-new activity that holds a toddlers attention can be when it comes to maintaing Mommies sanity;)).

Oh… and here are a few of my favorite ways to incorporate these delicious little jewels into my kitchen:

Enjoy!!

13 Responses to “How-To Seed A Pomegranate (Video)”

Kim ~ Recipes To Run On — November 19, 2011 @ 12:20 pm

I have a recipe pulled and ready to go for chicken with Pomegranate…. And I have NEVER eaten them before. How timely to come across your tutorial. This is so great and something I would never have known how to do. I’m anxious to take advantage of the great prices on this fruit this time of year. Thanks for the cool tips. Looking so forward to being a regular reader…. love your site!

1.1
      Dani — November 29, 2011 @ 8:57 am

Hi Kim – so glad you found the video before making the dish! Thanks for stopping by:)

Julie — November 19, 2011 @ 4:57 pm

Hi Dani,

I have recently discovered your site, and boy, it is packed with so many fun, healthy ideas and useful tips. I just can’t stop watching your how-to and quick bite videos! (SERIOUSLY addicting…!!)

To note on this particular video, I’m so happy I don’t have to struggle with seeding pomegranates now! Thank you for sharing your recipes and you’re such an inspiration to all :)

Julie

2.1
      Dani — November 29, 2011 @ 8:58 am

Hi Julie… thanks for all the kind words! So glad to hear that you’re finding some helpful info here!

Janet — November 20, 2011 @ 3:12 pm

Thanks Dani!

3.1
      Dani — November 29, 2011 @ 8:58 am

You got it!!

Janice — November 28, 2011 @ 11:09 pm

Dani,
    I have been following your food blog for a few years now and I love your recipes and especially love you videos!! Thank you for this video on how to peel a pomegranate!!! I had two sitting in my fridge and I was hoping they would go bad so I wouldn’t have to peel them!!Then I saw your how to video and the two pomegranates got peeled pronto!!! It was sooo easy and clean up was a snap…and I didn’t get any on my clothes!! Yay!

4.1
      Dani — November 29, 2011 @ 9:03 am

LOL! So happy your pomegranates did not go bad before you watched the video! I love this technique too… so easy and NOT messy!

Jaimie — November 29, 2011 @ 4:54 am

Thanks, Dani, for a great video! My son had a blast helping me and we’re hooked on pomegranates now. Who knew? Now to try some of the recipes you list for them.

5.1
      Dani — November 29, 2011 @ 9:04 am

You are very welcome! Perfect job for little helpers in the kitchen!

Becky — December 1, 2011 @ 1:42 pm

I just had a fresh pomegranate for the first time last month. Is there a way to remove the seeds or pits from the smaller pieces? I found that I couldn’t eat them because the seeds killed my teeth. Any ideas? I also have a new appreciate of the cost of pomegranate juice.

Paul B — December 1, 2011 @ 2:05 pm

Dani,

thanks. here’s a quicker way using a heavy spoon and bowl. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btbHodndcRk Your way looks cleaner and reduced clean up time though. best.

Paul

lisa davis — July 17, 2012 @ 1:42 pm

Thank you Dani, for demonstrating how to prepare your recipes. Not only are they informative and helpful to a reluctant cook like myself, you are a joy to watch. I love the healthy approach that you have to cooking. Keep up the great job & God bless you and your family.
    Lisa