Mango, Banana, Raspberry & Spinach Smoothie

Smoothie

Morning Smoothie – Clean & Delicious

If my daughter could drink all of her meals, she would be a happy camper. Especially if she could drink them in the in form of SMOODIES (as she would say).

These are hands down Katie’s favorite way to ingest food and great tool for her Mommy to load her up with nutrient-dense fruits and veggies!

And surprisingly enough, she doesn’t even care what color they are!

I mean, c’mon… look at that Green Smoodie, not exactly palate appealing but she doesn’t seem to mind one bit.  As long as it’s cold, creamy, and sweet (which it is thanks to the frozen fruits) Katie is all in!

Just  take a look for yourself, she couldn’t be any happier with her army green drink:

(*Side note to all Mommies out there: if you don’t want your child to have elmo stamped on their daily apparel DO NOT buy any articles of clothing with Elmo on them.  She will find these dingy elmo p.j.’s where ever they live, clean or dirty, every night of the week!)

Smoothies are a great meal for kids (and Mommies & Daddies) b/c you can load them up with tons of fresh fruit and veggies and they still manage to taste like ice-cream. Only instead of a nutrient-void, calorie-dense, cup of sugar and cream, you get to enjoy a Clean & Delish, nutrient-rich, feel good meal (or snack).

Not to mention that the kids LOVE to help!  I usually pull out the ingredients and let Katie pop them into the blender herself.  A GREAT way to get the kids cooking and CONNECTED to their food!

And just look how pretty everything looks before it gets blended (I just love that):

And we haven’t even touched upon how eating a nutrient dense diet keeps us looking super young! I mean, check this out; Katie will be two in June and I swear she doesn’t look a day over 18 months!  Wouldn’t you agree?

So tell me… what’s your fave morning smoothie combo? Do you have a concoction that you stick to or do you simply blend up whatever you have on hand?  Inquiring Mommies wanna know.

Mango, Banana, Raspberry & Spinach Smoothie

When I make this recipe for Katie I use whole raw milk which is higher in calories in fat.  If you want to lighten it for yourself swap in some almond milk or low fat cows milk.

Yield: 1 serving

• 1 cup milk (soy, almond, cow’s, etc.)
  • 1 frozen banana
  • ½ cup frozen raspberries
  • 1/2 cup frozen mango
  • A couple handfuls of baby spinach

Place everything into your blender and blend until you have a thick and creamy smoothie.  Enjoy!

• A couple handfuls of baby spinach

Calories: 365; Total Fat: 9.8g; Saturated Fat: 5.2g; Cholesterol: 0mg; Carbohydrate: 62.9g; Dietary Fiber: 9.5; Sugars: 40.2g; Protein: 11.4g

16 Responses to “Mango, Banana, Raspberry & Spinach Smoothie”

Maria (Maria Makes Muffins) — May 16, 2011 @ 8:18 am

Katie is so cute! The smoothie recipe looks delicious and I have all of the ingredients on hand.

When making smoothies, I usually just throw whatever I have on hand into the Vita Mix and blend away!

1.1
      Dani — May 17, 2011 @ 10:02 am

I’m with you… more often than not our smoothies consist of whatever we have on hand! Although I am a big fan of using frozen fruit instead of ice cubes to ensure a thick, creamy, flavorful smoothie!

Dawn A — May 16, 2011 @ 8:12 pm

I’m going to try adding some spinach to my fruit smoothies, too! My everyday morning smoothie is frozen blueberries, strawberries, banana slices, (and raspberries if I haven them from backyard crop), plus orange juice, soy milk, soy protein powder and fat free plain yogurt. This satisfying mix goes to work with me every morning.

Since I love spinach, I’m going to give it a try with my blend soon! Thanks for the idea!

2.1
      Dani — May 17, 2011 @ 10:03 am

You have fresh blackberries in the backyard?!! Wow! That sounds amazing (as does your smoothie). I bet if you add the spinach to the mix you won’t even know it’s in there.

Priyanka — May 17, 2011 @ 7:33 am

Katie looks so cute in the picture!

I love smoothies, I normally put whatever I have on hand. The ingredients that always find way into my smoothies are- flax, chia, spinach, frozen banana. I love to add pineapple, strawberry to give it a tropical feel.

3.1
      Debbie — May 17, 2011 @ 9:13 am

I do a green smoothie every morning with whatever I have on hand.. this morning…pear with skin and all, blueberries,one lil cutie tangerine, chard, collard greens and parsley, with a little mango juice and ice… as you would say delish.. my husband and son every morning anticipate their green smoothie… by the way your little daughter is quite a treat herself!!!!

Dani — May 17, 2011 @ 10:06 am

Debbie – Wow… that’s a really green smoothie. I think I am going to start to experiment a little more in that arena. Sounds like a great start to the day… definitely, delish;)!

3.2
      Dani — May 17, 2011 @ 10:05 am

I love frozen bananas… they are almost always included in my smoothies. I need to do a little more experimenting with the chia seeds though!

Ren — May 17, 2011 @ 3:35 pm

Love this smoothie!! … I also love to add chia seeds too. I didn’t actually know until this year that people actually ate them! ;) I also like to add broccoli to my smoothies (maybe thicker, but I think it blends in nicely too).

Brian — May 22, 2011 @ 5:15 pm

I’m a smoothie newbie. Why does everyone use frozen fruit instead of fresh fruit? What’s the difference?

Lindsey — May 24, 2011 @ 8:54 am

Dani! I cannot get my child to eat breakfast and finally tried this. She is drinking away right now! I’m so glad, I can give her something tasty and healthy. I put frozen peaches, mango, strawberries in mine plus banana, prunes, and carrots. Inwas scared to try anything green–plus all we had were peas, green beans, etc. Nothing leafy. Can’t wait to experiment with more of your recipes! Thank you thank you!

Amy — June 3, 2011 @ 12:08 am

The kids and I love to make Smoovies, as my 4-yr old calls them! We experiment all the time. A fun one is Ants on a Log Smoothie: diced celery, raisins, peanut butter, ice and milk/soy milk….they love it!
    I have to sneak the green stuff in when they are not looking (I am pretty stealthy) and I will also sneak in pureed pumpkin or sweet potato, although those two are pretty tasty in a smoothie, especially if paired with cinnamon.
    We ALWAYS make extra on purpose and make popsicles with the leftover…..they love those too!

Nicolette — July 20, 2011 @ 5:55 pm

Your daughter is so cute Dani! I am such a big fan of your recipes. I have referred many of my friends and family to your website.

I just made this delicious smoothie and I love it!!! The spinach adds a nice flavor and I like that it adds a healthy kick to the smoothie.

Thanks for all of your wonderful recipes!

Barb — August 2, 2011 @ 11:14 am

Just found your site & like it very much! My girls were “lived” in their Hello Kitty jammies…I totally get it! Looking forward to this smoodie ;)

Mike @TheIronYou — February 23, 2012 @ 2:33 am

Great recipe! With some whey protein and some spirulina it makes the perfect post-workout food.
    Peace
    Mike

christina — May 16, 2013 @ 7:52 am

I would love to know what kind of blender you use. It looks like it makes individual size smoothies? This would be so handy. Thanks! Also, I tried this smoothie and both I and the kids LOVED it, thanks for sharing!