Ask Dani: Quick Lunch Ideas, Menopause, & Vitamix

Holy baby brain!  I shot and posted this video on You Tube over a month ago and just realized that I never shared it on here on C&D.
Anyhow.

This video covers three questions (all listed in the title)…

Let me know what you think and don’t hesitate to send me some of your own questions if you’ve got them!!

7 Responses to “Ask Dani: Quick Lunch Ideas, Menopause, & Vitamix”

KristenK — May 3, 2011 @ 8:58 am

I have a Vita Mix (and use it everyday, nearly) I just sent my old food processor/blender to a friend who was looking for one, and I replaced the food processor with a small manual food processor from Pampered Chef, just in case I need one and it was really cool (and I have a friend selling PC) – but I have not used it yet. The Vita Mix will dry chop and act as a food processor. I thought the small manual Pampered Chef would be easy to travel with when I do some dinner party shows in other people’s homes.

shelley — April 17, 2013 @ 1:51 pm

Also a thank you to Ben for asking a great question on preparing quick lunches.
    Hard boiled eggs and some yoghurt it is..I can prepare the eggs ahead of time and the yogurt is always in the fridge any way.
    Yay
    Lunches sorted.

Pauline — May 17, 2013 @ 12:20 pm

I have also have the vitamix and you can purchase The Vitamix 32-ounce/0.9-litre Dry Grains container is designed for efficient processing of dry grains into flour and preparing dough for the oven. It can also be used to grind up nuts and make mayo like a food processor.

mary lou johnson — October 12, 2013 @ 6:22 pm

About 9 months ago, because of health problems, I went on a micronutriant, plant based protein, diet.I purchased multiple kitchen tools for preping, chopping, dicing. etc. etc. I wish I knew then what I know now. I cannot say enough about the vitamix. It by itself can do almost any food prep you need. A little expensive but with the help of my kids I was able to get one and have never been sorry I did so. All the rest of my tools including my food processor are hidden away on closet shelves, stuffed under the sink or any other place I could think of to put them. In my opinion the vitamix is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Robert — October 18, 2013 @ 12:54 pm

i got a quick question, i make my own almond milk in the vitamix, but for some reason after i drink it i become gassy… what gives..
    1 cup soaked almond
    1 tablespoon vanilla extract
    4 cups spring water
    5 pitted dates..

5.1
      Dani — October 19, 2013 @ 4:07 am

Different people = different bodies. Perhaps your body is sensitive (ie – gassy!) when it comes to almonds. Does the same thing happen when you at almonds?

Kristi — November 29, 2013 @ 6:49 pm

Hi Dani! I love your website, youtube channel and philosophy on food. I could use some direction on appliances/kitchen gadgets. I want a food processor for making hummus and currently use my VitaMixer but was wanting to get a food processor for slicing as well as for dips and sauces. What kind of food processor do you use?