Egg 101 (Video)

Ahhhh… the incredible, edible, egg!  It’s one of my favorites.

Quick.  Easy.  Nutritious.  Versatile.  Convenient.  And let’s be honest… deeelicious.

In this video I cover some of the basics you might want to know about eggs and eggwhites.

Eggs often get over looked at lunch and dinner but they really work anytime of the day AND they have lots of nutritional benefits to offer (I’d tell you what they are but then you might not watch the video, so I’m holding out;)).

Now you know the rules when it comes to the 101’s… if I’ve missed any facts that you want to share let’s hear them in the comments! Favorite recipes, tips, tricks… you name it… if you’ve got some good scoop on the egg, send it our way!

*Personal Update:  We shot this video last weekend, so I am seven months pregnant in the video (which is pretty current!). Technically speaking we’ve got 10 weeks to go before  this little girl is on the outside.   She’s actually wiggling around a lot right now and I think it might be because she is trying to say hi to you guys.  Who knows, maybe she already gets excited when she knows the topic is food!

10 Responses to “Egg 101 (Video)”

Priyanka — March 29, 2009 @ 9:20 pm

Hey Dani you look one fit and happy mommy-to-be. I wish I can be just at the same fitness and healthy level as you are when it is my turn!

Thanks for this great post and lastly a big HI to the lil happy baby!
    Take care!!

Culinary Wannabe — March 30, 2009 @ 5:10 am

I’m glad to hear that you like the eggology egg whites, as they always seemed super convenient to me, but kinda sketchy looking. And thanks for the how-to on hard boiling eggs! I always forget the timing and end up calling my mom every time.

Dani — March 30, 2009 @ 8:11 am

Priyanka – Thanks!! And thanks for the baby hello:).

Culinary Wannabe – I LOVE Eggology egg whites. I always have them in my fridge. I definitely recommend trying them if you haven’t already.

ttfn300 — March 30, 2009 @ 6:33 pm

eggology supposedly makes egg white ice cream, which i have been unsuccessful at finding!! they really are a superfood, and a kitchen staple for me :)

you look great, so excited you guys must be!!

sturmey — April 1, 2009 @ 12:38 pm

Love the videos. One thing you didn’t mention is that old eggs are better when you make hard boiled eggs. I used to work for an egg grading and processing company, and we would put aside 50-100 cases and let them age for 2-3 weeks before using them to make cooked eggs or pickled eggs. When the eggs are stored they loose a little bit of moisture which makes them firmer and easier to peel.

remember fresh eggs for baking, but OLD eggs for boiling.

Namrata — April 1, 2009 @ 2:17 pm

I have tried a few recipes from your site and they turned out pretty good! You are looking beautiful and charming in this video… I had my first baby boy last month..

All the best .. just 2 months to have your BABY GIRL!!

Katy — April 7, 2009 @ 7:00 pm

You look great, Dani! And I love eggs. I’m going to try your way of cooking them next time!

Tiffany — August 19, 2009 @ 1:58 pm

I just discovered your website today. All I can say is wow, wow, and WOW! Your recipies are THE BOMB! (That’s a good thing. :)) I love your sense of humor and the dialogue you put before each recipe. It’s very helpful and informative. I’m rushing to the grocery store tonight so I can make some Summer Lovin’ Veggie Soup. I cannot wait to try the Cilantro Slaw, Pesto, California Scramble…..the list goes on and on.

Keep up the good work, Dani and a big congrats on your new baby girl!

Marina — May 2, 2011 @ 2:34 pm

Dear Dani, to tell you the truth I was very sceptical about your boiled egg suggestion, but it worked! and yes, the eggs are really delicious this way. Thanks!

Pozyczki — May 26, 2011 @ 9:33 am

Good ¡V I should definitely pronounce, impressed with your website. I had no trouble navigating through all the tabs and related information ended up being truly easy to do to access. I recently found what I hoped for before you know it at all. Reasonably unusual. Is likely to appreciate it for those who add forums or something, web site theme . a tones way for your client to communicate. Nice task..