Roni’s Banana Oatmeal Cups
Your morning bowl of oats just got a whole lot easier thanks to my friend Roni over at GreenLiteBites.
Roni took all of the ingredients that one might put into their morning bowl of oats and created these super tasty, super convenient Banana Oatmeal Cups.
Many of you may know Roni from her blog RonisWeigh where she has the uncanny ability to share her 70lb weight loss and maintenance journey in such a open, honest, and vulnerable way that anyone who has ever struggled with weight loss or body image can’t help but to relate to her.
Roni recently self-published her cookbook ‘Green Lite Bites‘ documenting some of her fave recipes from her first three years of food blogging and was kind enough to send me a copy to check out.
I knew right away which recipe I wanted to try first. I mean, who wouldn’t want to eat a bowl of oats in an on-the-go form of a muffin?!
I love this clever idea for several reasons, so allow me to share my top 5 fave’s:
1. Pre-’prepable’. You can make them ahead of time and enjoy a quick, delicious, nutritious breakfast on-the go.
2. Kid friendly. Katie ate two of them as soon as she woke up this morning (and I got to drink my coffee when I’d normally be cooking!)
3. Versatile. I stirred in cinnamon, raisins, and walnuts, Roni added mini chocolate chips, and you can add whatever stir-ins you like in your oatmeal (think apples, pumpkin, berries, pears… you get the picture).
4. Good hot OR cold. It’s nice to have the option in my opinion.
5. Freezer friendly. That’s right! Make a big bunch, pop them in the freezer and they’ll be there waiting for you when you want them.
It’s easy to understand why someone might add these to their weekly menu plan, no?
And while you’re over there, be sure to take a look at Roni’s new cookbook. It’s packed with simple, nutritious, delicious recipes that are very do-able and Roni gives lots of tips and suggestions through out the book on how to make her recipes work with what you’ve got on hand.
Have you ever made oatmeal on-the-go before? If so, I’d love to hear your tips!