Weekly Menu Plan

Weekly Menu

Weekly Menu Plan – Clean & Delicious®

It has become very clear to me that eating well while caring for a newborn is going to require some pre-preppin’ and organization, so I thought I would share my POA for the week..

Now breakfast, lunch and snacks are pretty easy for me.  Breakfast can be one of many quick options… some of my go to favorites are cereal with fruit and nuts, oatmeal, smoothies, Ezekiel bread with nut butter and bananas and yogurt/cottage cheese and fruit.  These are all quick, simple and nutritious options that take no time to make.

Lunch.  Well lunch is easy too.  I either do dinner leftovers, veggie burgers, a turkey sandwich or some tuna or salmon.  I always cut up veggies for a crudite on Sunday so I usually have a heaping plate of them as well.  Sometimes raw, sometimes quickly steamed with garlic powder and olive oil.  I think I’m gonna pre-cook a few sweet potatoes for another quick lunch option!

Snacks.  Easy too!  Smoothies, fruit and yogurt, nuts, graham crackers and peanut butter, hard boiled eggs/whites… basically a smaller portion of what I have for breakfast and lunch.

But dinner… dinner is where things can get tricky!  So this is why I am planning five meals for the week, buying the groceries, and doing a little pre-preppin’ on Sunday.

Here is the menu I am planning:

Monday:  Grilled Salmon over Caesar Salads (I’ll make extra salmon and dressing for meals later in the week)

Tuesday:  Black Bean and Zucchini Tacos (I’m trying to work with ingredients I have on hand in the pantry) Black Bean and Kale topped Sweet Potatoes [last minute change of plans]

Wendesday: Wild Salmon and Roasted Veggie Penne (using the leftover salmon from Monday and I’ll make extra veggies for lunch)

Thursday:  Buffalo Chicken Butter Lettuce Cups

Friday:  Soy and Agave Marinated Skirt Steak with Tomato Salad

So that’s the plan… I’m going to shop and pre-pre on Sunday.

Here’s the pre-peppin plan:

• Wash and prep my veggies (this is always a make or break-er for me!  If the veggies are ready to go, I’m that much more likely to cook with them)
  • Make a few sweet potatoes for a quick head start ingredient for lunch
  • Hard boil some eggs (easy snack)
  • Make my salad dressing
  • Chop up a big salad for quick lunch

That’s the plan.

11 Responses to “Weekly Menu Plan”

Kelsey Ramos — July 4, 2009 @ 7:32 pm

What a wonderful plan! I am a huge fan of planning ahead for meals, because I often cook only for myself and it’s a fantastic way to save money (on preventing food from going to waste in the fridge).

I am also a huge fan of babies – congratulations on your newborn!!

Tracey — July 5, 2009 @ 3:10 am

I love this! This is what I do as well and it has kept 60lbs at bay. It is crucial to have a plan for the week laid out. Thank you for sharing your plan.

Kera — July 5, 2009 @ 8:21 am

Good luck! Plannning certainly is the key to keeping the pounds at bay and eating healthy. (I learned this the hard way.)

Pam — July 5, 2009 @ 3:52 pm

Congratulations on your new born. Planning is essential to keeping on top of everything – the week will run so much easier. Thanks for sharing your plan.

Roni — July 6, 2009 @ 3:29 am

Welcome to MOMMYHOOD!! It’s been too long! Lost of stuff going on I finally had a minute to catch up on your blog!

Hope you are well. :)

Angie All The Way — July 6, 2009 @ 4:45 am

That’s a fantastic and practical plan! Having a good solid plan is always always a necessary pre-cursor for a successful busy week :-)

wendy — July 7, 2009 @ 6:29 am

Just recently found your site and I love how simple and informative your are. I love your 101 videos too. Thanks for sharing!

Krista — July 7, 2009 @ 6:17 pm

Hi Dani,

This is such a good reminder. I used to do this all last summer – preplan and make your new recipes all the time – but over the year (I’m a teacher) I stopped as it got busy and we went day by day and ended up eating the same thing all the time. This reminds me that it is especially important to plan when you are busy. I am expecting my first baby in just a few weeks so this was great timing.

I also have not been wanting to eat much lately and even when I am hungry am indecisive (pushy baby!). I went out today and got the ingredients for 2 of your recipes I haven’t tried before. I felt sooo good making new healthy recipes and loved eating them. Hopefully I can keep it up.

Thanks for the pick-me-up!

Dani — July 7, 2009 @ 6:57 pm

Kelsey – I hate wasting food too! One of my favorite things to cook is a “bottom of the drawer meal” – This way nothing goes to waste!

Tracey – I agree! It’s all about the plan… it’s just too easy to make bad choices when time isn’t on your side.

Kera – Thank you.

Pam – Thanks!

Roni – Thank YOU!

Angie – Just finishd my second meal and it was d’lsihes;).

Wendy – Your welcome… glad you are enjoying it.

Krista – Congratulations! Having my first baby made me realize that I’d better get organized and FAST!

Mirjam — July 8, 2009 @ 2:26 am

Thanks for sharing your plan. I’m not a mom or pregnant yet but I’m moving together with my bf in a few months and since I’ll be the cook at home AND am working full time it’ll be good to have a plan :)

Angelea — July 11, 2009 @ 9:23 am

I’m currently sitting at my desk making a similar plan for next week. I love to meal plan! I have recently started to plan out my snacks (as much as I can) too. It helps me stay well-rounded nutritionally and prevents me from doing a drive by and grab in the kitchen pantry. I’m a new Mom too and the plan helps me feel a little more in control of my day! Good luck and keep sharing!