The Next Food Network Star – Help!

Well you know what they say, “you gotta be in it to win it,” so I thought I’d give it another go!

But now I need your help…

I decided to try out for “The Next Food Network Star” again. I don’t know if any of you remember but I tried out the first season and actually made it as a semi-finalist (which did not get me on the show, but it was still exciting!).  So here we are at Season Five and I thought it was due time to give it another shot.

They actually had open casting calls in LA last month that I went to and guess what?  I actually got called back for a second “audition.”  At the call back they ask you to make a dish to bring with you and then I also had to do a three to five minute demo on a kitchen skill (I chose knife skills).  I haven’t heard anything back yet, but the girl who was doing the call backs said that if I made it to the next round I wouldn’t hear anything until around Thanksgiving, so I still have my fingers crossed!

In the meantime, I decided to upload an audition video online too.  I figure, why not?  You never know who is gonna see something they like, right? But here is where I need your help…

All the videos get uploaded to the last page and then those with the most views and comments get pushed towards the front page.  I’m thinking the more views and comments I can get the better, so I was hoping you would just take a minute to click over to my video and leave a comment (A NICE COMMENT). Just pretend that you think I’m really great and would love to see me on the Food Network.  Feel free to gush over me just this once… really, even if you don’t mean it, just say it… I’ll be forever grateful;).

In return I promise to keep posting lots of yummy recipes!!

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!! Oh and of course, if I hear anything back you’ll be the first to know!!

14 Responses to “The Next Food Network Star – Help!”

Melissa — November 12, 2008 @ 4:25 am

Hey Dani~
    How exciting!! I’d love to leave a comment. Guess I’m dumb though because I can’t figure out where the “last page” is. If there’s video’s on there I sure can’t find them… Maybe I should try later when it’s not so early in the morning. LOL

Melissa

Dani — November 12, 2008 @ 7:01 am

Melissa – You don’t have ot find the last page, I linked to my video in this post, so right where I say, “click over to my video” just click on the word video and it will take you right there! Thanks so much!!

Wanimoon — November 12, 2008 @ 7:17 am

Yay! I had no idea you audition last time!
    You would be sooo perfect!
    I left comments for you. :)

tara — November 12, 2008 @ 7:20 am

Oh my goodness…you’re a shoe in! I watched some of the other videos and no one’s got your skills. Go Dani!

Jill - GlossyVeneer — November 12, 2008 @ 9:00 am

I added my comment, you’ve got my vote. Now when you have your own show and you’re famous I can say, “I cooked her recipes early on and she even replied to my comments on her site a couple times!” Good luck!

Culinarywannabe — November 12, 2008 @ 1:35 pm

Good-luck!! I love that show, and think you would be awesome!

Dr. Nicole — November 12, 2008 @ 3:23 pm

Good luck! How exciting, I will go leave a comment…

Pam M. — November 12, 2008 @ 3:46 pm

I hope you win! I just posted a comment and I hope it helps. The only thing I am afraid of is if you win will you still have this website? I have 5 grown daughters with young children who want to feed them healthy but good tasting food. Your recipes are perfect! They are quick, easy and won’t break their budgets! My youngest is learning to cook so she is now using your videos. I am an older mom and at a stage in life where I need to eat healthy-but I want things to taste delicious. I love that you are also doing some raw recipes. You are a joy to watch! Thank you and God Bless!
    P.S. Your links are also fabulous!

elsie — November 12, 2008 @ 5:39 pm

good luck — i posted a comment.

Susan from Food Blogga — November 14, 2008 @ 4:11 pm

Hey Dani,

I just left a comment on the video for you. You were great! You have presence in front of the camera, and that can’t be taught. Best of luck to you!

Susan

Maya — November 14, 2008 @ 5:45 pm

Dani-
    I look foward to seeing you win!! I also think it’s impressive that you’re choosing to challenge yourself while preggers. good luck!! :)

nancy — November 29, 2008 @ 4:26 pm

hey Dani,
    gosh you’re totally gonna win ! we need you on food network!! everyone else makes food that i’m so tempted to make but it’s so fattening! GO FOR IT!!

GIGI — December 18, 2008 @ 8:06 pm

Aw, I was trying to leave a comment on your video but it never loaded! I don’t know why Food Network wouldn’t choose you! You have such great recipes and I mean, you have a VIDEO blog! Common! ha ha! Good luck though! When do you find out?

Donna Washington — February 27, 2010 @ 12:43 pm

Dani,
    Don’t know if it will help, but after discovering your website this month, I immediately shot off an email to the Food Network because I am also a big fan of theirs. I am a lap band patient and I really wish Food Network had more healthy cooking shows. Hosts like Ellie Krieger and Juan Carlos Cruz were great, but their shows didn’t stay on very long. I would very much like to see YOU with a cooking show on the network and I told them so. I hope others will email them also. Good luck.
    Donna W