Video: Strawberry-Vanilla Smoothie

Here in Southern California, September is one of the hottest months we have, so this Strawberry-Vanilla Smoothie is still on my menu.

Besides, I really wanted to sneak in one more summer-time QuickBite before we start cuddling into the warmer foods of fall.

Smoothies really are one of my favorite meals in the summer, they’re just so fast and so easy (not to mention absolutely delicious).

There’s not too much to say about this one… you’ll just have to watch if you want to learn what I think the secret is to a perfect smoothie;).

Strawberry-Vanilla Smoothie

Yield: Serves 1

• 1 cup of frozen strawberries
  • 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder
  • 1 cup of unsweetened vanilla soymilk (I use WestSoy)
  • 2 tbsp of water

Combine soymilk, water, and protein powder in a blender and blend until well combined.  Add in frozen strawberries and blend until you have a nice thick, creamy, delicious smoothie.  Enjoy!

Calories: 238; Total Fat: 6.5g; Saturated Fat: 1g; Cholesterol: 30mg; Sodium: 34mg; Carbohydrate: 18.7g; Dietary Fiber: 7g; Sugars: 10.1g; Protein: 28g

9 Responses to “Video: Strawberry-Vanilla Smoothie”

The Drunken Blogger — September 16, 2008 @ 3:13 pm

There was something missing from the Smoothie…I wonder what it was???

Kaman — September 16, 2008 @ 5:55 pm

Ooooo, I might have to try this with chocolate protein powder! yummm

Dani — September 17, 2008 @ 8:39 am

The Drunken Blogger – Well it’s not a super sweet smoothie, you might like to add some honey or Agave and see if you like that better.

Kaman – If you do chocolate protein powder try some chocolate soy milk too…yum!

Jaya — September 17, 2008 @ 7:41 pm

Hi Dani! I always toss a few cups of raw spinach into my smoothies. Totally tasteless and loads of goodness! Broccoli works well too :)

kerri walsh — September 18, 2008 @ 11:34 am

This looks so yummy and the farmer’s market still has great strawberries. The other thing I do is add a 1/4 cup of egg whites (i like eggology because they are organic) to my smoothies. I find it fills me up a little more and gives me a little more protein in an easy and yummy way!

Maya — September 18, 2008 @ 12:12 pm

Yummm. Great, now I want one but don’t have the stuff. :)

Dani — September 18, 2008 @ 2:22 pm

Jaya – Love that idea… I done that with Kale before but never broccoli… I’ll have to give it a try!

Kerry – I am a HUGE fan of the Eggology egg whites, I use them all the time. I will definitely try adding some into my smoothie… what a great idea:)

Maya – Sounds to me like you better get to the store;)

Sandi — June 22, 2011 @ 9:26 am

I just made my first HEALTHY smoothie. I had great intentions when I bought my Vitamix but waited 6 months to use it because it intimidated me..LOL

So today, using your smoothie posts as a base to start with, (and being brave enough to use spinach)… I threw in a frozen banana (Got that idea from your post about blending the bananas into ice cream), some unsweetened vanilla almond milk, dash of vanilla extract, 5-6 drops of vanilla stevia, big handful of organic baby spinach, scoop of vanilla protein powder and some ice. It tasted great and is so healthy.

I’m a leukemia survivor and had never eaten healthy before. But I decided after being so close to death and given a 2nd chance at this thing called life… that I need to change some habits and take better care of my body. I’m excited about healthier eating and your site has contributed a lot towards that. Thanks Dani, and congrats on your newest family member!!

Sandi

8.1
      Dani — July 6, 2011 @ 8:35 pm

Sandi – Thanks so much for sharing… you are an inspiration to me and many of my readers, I’m sure!!! So happy to know that I can be a part of the healthier choices you are making for yourself!! Your smoothie sounds deeeelish!! I’ll have to give it a try myself;)