Trader Joe’s Bacon Wrapped Turkey Mignons

bacon_wrapped_turkey_photo

Yep.  You read it right.  Bacon Wrapped Turkey Mignons from Trader Joe’s.

Hello easy.  Hello D’lishes.

Trader Joe’s never fails to amaze me. Every time I go to that store I always think to myself, “Man, they got it right. They just got it right.”

In many ways they are a modern grocery store keeping up with the needs of busy-no-time-to-think-want-to-make-healthy-choices-often type of people. And the store is always packed with everyone; singles, couples, families… it seems everyone likes Trader Joe’s. It’s like I said, “They just got it right.”

The idea of a Turkey Mignon might invite thoughts like, dry, boring, or bland but allow me to be the first to say this is not the case at all. These mignons were really good. Moist and D’lishes! It’s amazing what a measly piece of bacon along with a little salt and pepper can do to a piece of white meat turkey. This meal was a real treat and a package of four was only $6.44 making each fillet cost $1.61. Not bad for a “feels fancy” meal.

I decided to broil them, but you certainly could throw them on the grill. And if you wanted to make these extra special you could give them a pan sear and finish them in the broiler (I may just have to do that next time).

I served these along with my Broccoli Slaw, which had some dried cranberries; I won’t get into detail, but let’s just say I smell a very easy alternative holiday menu on the horizon!

Trader Joe's Bacon Wrapped Turkey Mignons

Yield: Serves 4

• 4 Trader Joe's Bacon Wrapped Turkey Mignons
  • Cooking Spray
  • Salt and pepper to taste

Place rack six to eight inches below the broiler.  Pre-heat broiler.

Spray each fillet with a little cooking spray and season filets with salt and pepper on both sides.

Pop under the broiler for six to eight minutes per side or until the temerature reaches 160'F-175'F.

*Note: The fillets come with a wooden stick in them to hold the bacon in place.  After cooking the first side I removed the stick because it was starting to burn.  Be sure to keep an eye on your stick;).

Calories: 180; Fat: 3.5g; Saturated Fat: 1.5; Cholesterol: 85mg; Carbohydrates: 0g, Protein: 35g

8 Responses to “Trader Joe’s Bacon Wrapped Turkey Mignons”

Bev — June 8, 2008 @ 5:35 pm

I agree with Trader Joe’s. We bought the Roasted Vegetable Multi Grain Lazagna. It was so good. It said it served 4 but we got 6 servings. TRy it

Jade — June 8, 2008 @ 9:02 pm

Isn’t there preservatives in bacon? I have been avoiding bacon for a long time. However, since it tastes good, I have been seeking substitute for that flavor but never succeed.
    Any ideas of a substitude?

Dani — June 9, 2008 @ 1:45 pm

Bev – Thanks for the suggestion!

Jade – Good question… you can buy nitrate and chemical free bacon… both of which this was. On that note I do not eat bacon often, almost never really, but when I saw this at TJ’s I thought it might be fun change of pace. Besides, it’s like I always say… the key to a healthy diet and life is what you do MOST of the time. You gotta leave a little play room.
    Have you eve tried turkey bacon?

MizFit — June 10, 2008 @ 9:49 am

I love where I reside—-EXCEPT that there is no Trader Joes at all here.

not even a one.

Sally Lynn Ruble — August 19, 2008 @ 3:26 pm

Could you please tell me if the two Indianapolis, Indiana Trader Joe’s carry the Bacon wrapped Turkey Mignons? I would like very much to get some. Had some at my sister’s house in Tucson, Arizona

Dani — August 19, 2008 @ 3:47 pm

Sally Lynn – I wish I could help but I have no idea. I’m sure if you give them a call they will be able to help you out:).

Shirley — June 8, 2011 @ 3:03 pm

I was so glad to find this notation a bout turkey mignon being sold at Trader Joes, I used to be able to get it at Sams Club, but they seem to have stopped carrying it and I have been looking for it for several months. Next week when I go into Ventura, I will stop at TJs and hopefully they will have it. Thanks for the info.

Julie Bavender — June 4, 2012 @ 6:30 am

I went to TJ’s & they didn’t have turkey mignon. All I see is on-line with a large shipping fee. Used to get these at Sam’s, but can’t find them. Great to throw on the grill