Video: Cabbage ’101′

It’s a new month!  And you guys know what a new month means… a new “Food Focus”!

This months focus is on cabbage. Too many people think that all you can do with cabbage is make some cole slaw, but this month I’m out to show you different (Although I would be lying if I said I didn’t like slaw… I absolutely LOVE it)!

I’m excited to play with cabbage this month… so if you guys have any “must try” cabbage recipes feel free to share, I’d love to hear your favorites:).

In the meantime, check out this Cabbage “101″ video and let me know what you think!!

15 Responses to “Video: Cabbage ’101′”

Krista — March 3, 2008 @ 10:35 am

Hey Dani – I just found your site a week or two ago and I have already bought at least 15 ingredients that I have never used before. I love how surprisinlgly simple it can be to make such delicious, nutritious food. I felt like such a pro with all your recipes! I don’t like coleslaw so I’ve never made anything with cabbage – can’t wait to see what you come up with!

Marcia — March 3, 2008 @ 12:33 pm

Hi Dani!
    I love cabbage! most of all I love making my own coleslaw, and the only other thing I’ve ever used cabbage for is stuffed cabbage, I am really looking forward to your great ideas this month!

Jennifer Triola — March 5, 2008 @ 8:50 am

I am so impressed and such a fan!!! I never thought of eating cabbage outside of coleslaw and boiled for st. patties day.

Thanks for the new ideas and keep it up!! Can’t wait until next month:)

Jen

Dani — March 5, 2008 @ 2:40 pm

Krista – Wow…I like your style…you just jump right in;)! 15 ingredients is great! Can’t wait to hear about some of the recipes you try.

Marcia – I’m really looking forward to seeing what I come up with too:).

Jen T. – You’re welcome! Thanks for stopping by!

Anticiplate — March 5, 2008 @ 9:22 pm

Dani,
    I am anxious to find some recipes this month that my husband might like. He HATES cabbage. One time I told him it was wilted iceberg lettuce, but he still did not eat it. Maybe there will be some new flavors that can disguise his dislike!

Dr. Nicole Sundene — March 24, 2008 @ 10:17 am

Wow I love your videos!! This is so great! Nice job :D

Dani — March 24, 2008 @ 11:03 am

Dr. Nicole – Thanks so much!

Saeed — April 2, 2008 @ 7:36 pm

Hi Dani,
    i just found your website and watched some of your videos,
    I love them, good recipes. I added this site as a favorite.
    I wanna start cooking myself tomrrow, no more junk food!
    btw, you look really beautiful in your videos,
    keep up the good work,
    Saeed, east coast of Canada

Laura — August 31, 2008 @ 2:42 pm

Thanks so much for all of your helpful videos. I appreciate your focus on health. Thanks for the substitution tips, and thinking about caloric intake. As someone who is anticipating starting a cooking blog myself, your website is a wonderful inspiration.

Dani — September 2, 2008 @ 4:18 am

Saeed – Thanks… Can’t wait to hear what come of dishes your cooking up:)

Laura – You’re welcome!! Thanks for stopping by!

Donna — January 13, 2009 @ 7:33 am

This might seem like a silly question but how do you core a cabbage without cutting it in half. I found a recipe for stuffed cabbage and it says to peel off leaves after it has been cored and then to boil them for a few minutes before filling them with the mixture.

Dani — January 15, 2009 @ 11:16 am

Donna- All you have to do is stick your knife into the base of the cabbage around all four sides of the core and then wiggle it a bit until the core pops out. I actually demonstrate this in the video, so maybe watching the video again will be helpful:). Hope that helps!

Anna — February 28, 2012 @ 11:41 am

Hi Dani!
    I LOVE cooking (and eating) & I’m always looking for some new recipes to try.
    The recipe ideas you give are really simple, fast & healthy which is great as I am a student & unfortunately can’t spend so much time cooking.. .
    I really like cabbage – especially Sauerkraut & Sauerkraut in Gulasch – soup. That is the perfect meal for a cold winter day!

I just have to say that I keep all my veggies without plastic bag in the fridge (except carrots, which I wrap in paper which makes them last much longer). Firstly, they are able to “breathe” like that & secondly, I think we use too many plastic bags already so I try to avoid them!

Noumenon — September 14, 2013 @ 4:28 am

The coring directions are at 3:00.