Healthy Eating Gets A Bad Rap
I may have mentioned this before, but that won’t stop me from saying it again…I think that “healthy” gets a bad rap…especially when it comes to healthy cooking.
Now after working with lots of people in the field of health and fitness and talking to lots more, I have drawn up a few conclusions of my own of why this is…and yes, I would be happy to share them with you.
TOP 5 REASONS WHY HEALTHY COOKING GETS A BAD RAP:
(In the opinion of your beloved host…Dani Spies)
1. Can you say BORING?! It is automatically assumed that healthy food means lack of flavor, which equals boring…which means no fun! And let’s face it party people…we want our food to have lots of flavor and lots of FUN!
2. All or nothing. It is often presented in an extreme fashion (steam your veggies and never use butter or eat dessert). But this, my friends is just not true…there is room for everything in a healthy kitchen (yes even butter)!!
3. Deprivation. The focus is put on what to take out the kitchen instead of all of the delicious things to add in!
4. Tradition. People are scared to change they’re great grandmothers recipes…”It just wouldn’t be the same” they say. “Grammy always used two sticks of butter in her cookies, that’s the way it’s suppose to be done”.
Well I got news for ya…”suppose to” is a term of the past when it comes to cooking! Times are a changin’ and there is no one way of doing things…it’s 2007 baby…let’s think outside the box here!! Take you’re Grammy’s recipes and tweak them a little…she would be proud!
5. Lack of information. People simply don’t know a lot of the basic tips and tricks that can lead to healthier meals and a healthier kitchen all without lacking an ounce of flavor!! But don’t worry, that’s what I’m here for.
What am I missing here?? Let me know if you have any ideas on what else might turn people away from the idea of healthy cooking!!